Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started installing the new combustor in my Resolute Acclaim today.....feeling better but not well......went slow.....pretty straight forward but took more stuff apart than necessary so I can understand how it all works.....knowing what I now know the job should take a couple hrs....I have 3.5 hrs. in it now and not back together.....but the combustor is in....

View attachment 483241 View attachment 483242 View attachment 483243 View attachment 483245 View attachment 483246
We had one of those for close to 10 years. Worked great until it needed rebuilding. Too much maintenance for me.

Just saw the radar on your neck of the woods. Looks like you're getting about 2"s an hour right now. But we're about over here with nearly 10"s. I think when it's over we'll get a ft. Usually do with these NorEaster's that come up the coast.
You can send some my way

We had one of those for close to 10 years. Worked great until it needed rebuilding. Too much maintenance for me.

This is nine seasons on this one...and yep I can see that...but $143.00 figgered into 9 years not that much considering 0% chance of a chimney fire with never running a brush down the chimney in all that time.....the way I heat that's a good thing..

This is nine seasons on this one...and yep I can see that...but $143.00 figgered into 9 years not that much considering 0% chance of a chimney fire with never running a brush down the chimney in all that time.....the way I heat that's a good thing..
It's a good stove! Heated very well, long burn times, looks great. I just had little more trouble than I though was necessary. Had to replace the grates in the bottom at around 6 years. The gasket in the internal damper was a problem with ours and the soft & hard refractory was very fragile. We're running a cast iron Jotul now with no refractory in it at all.

Pffft , page 2 .

IMG_20160206_131045.jpg

You sure got crappy wood to burn . Pine bout all ya got ! I like my hickory,oak, white, red,pin ,cherry,elm,ash ,maple and some beach is good , some of it aint . LOL Got lots of walnut here too , taint worth a **** fer fire wood . We got lots of that poopler we don't burn unless its in a brush pile . LOL Crab apple aint bad either , just don't get very big . Hedge apple / osage orange is real good stuff to burn , hard on chains and splitters ! And the cutters too ! LOL Any pine goes on the brush pile with the poopler ! LOL There is one worse than poopler round here too , cotton wood/sycamore . That **** taint good fer anything ! Can be if yer looking for a swamp or just water . LOL Big azz ***** willows is good if ya want a swamp or lots of water ? LOL Takes 4-5 yrs to dry out , then ya taint got nutin left . LOL

You sure got crappy wood to burn . Pine bout all ya got ! I like my hickory,oak, white, red,pin ,cherry,elm,ash ,maple and some beach is good , some of it aint . LOL Got lots of walnut here too , taint worth a **** fer fire wood . We got lots of that poopler we don't burn unless its in a brush pile . LOL Crab apple aint bad either , just don't get very big . Hedge apple / osage orange is real good stuff to burn , hard on chains and splitters ! And the cutters too ! LOL Any pine goes on the brush pile with the poopler ! LOL There is one worse than poopler round here too , cotton wood/sycamore . That **** taint good fer anything ! Can be if yer looking for a swamp or just water . LOL Big azz ***** willows is good if ya want a swamp or lots of water ? LOL Takes 4-5 yrs to dry out , then ya taint got nutin left . LOL

We don`t burn pine per say, makes good kindling. We mostly burn maple and some birch. I did burn some fire killed black spruce for early season burning before it turned cold, was much better for me as it did not burn as hot as good dry hardwood and I did not have to have windows open to dump heat.

We don`t burn pine per say, makes good kindling. We mostly burn maple and some birch. I did burn some fire killed black spruce for early season burning before it turned cold, was much better for me as it did not burn as hot as good dry hardwood and I did not have to have windows open to dump heat.
Be just fine fer a little heat like that . Sure would hate to try and keep warm all winter with it ! Have to filler up every 30 mins. or less ! LOL

Be just fine fer a little heat like that . Sure would hate to try and keep warm all winter with it ! Have to filler up every 30 mins. or less ! LOL
In my airtight ,only needed to load it 3 times a day with that dead spruce, will hold fire for 8 hrs and still have coals after 12. I keep pieces that have to be shoehorned through the door, call them night sticks but use them any time I am away. Burn the smaller stuff when I am at home.

Not a bad lookin hoss fer a hoss . LOL I like them just fine like this , me over here , them way ovah there . LOL Just a little bs there , I like them just fine , just don't care to ever ride one again .

He's a G'Boy John......he was quite interested yesterday morning ....when I showed up early in the morning I rammed the Jeep through the plowed up snow banks and drove down to the fence...little over a foot of snow on the level.....plowed up snow bank 4' high......turned around and drove in and out 2-3 times breaking a trail for later when I showed up with a truck load of hay and straw.....backed that right down and unloaded it....he knows things are good when he sees his hay pile increase by 24 bales!!!

Horses in general don`t miss a thing, they are very alert to what is happening around them, anything that is off time is of even greater interest. Food delivery can get them really stirred up and go into wild fits of exuberance, fun fer us humans to watch at times.

Horses in general don`t miss a thing, they are very alert to what is happening around them, anything that is off time is of even greater interest. Food delivery can get them really stirred up and go into wild fits of exuberance, fun fer us humans to watch at times.

Yeah I took the camera up yesterday morning hoping to get a pic of him running through the fresh snow like he likes to do......but of course not....silly me, he was to interested in what I was up to.....

Back