Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robin , them Blue Brick lines are DOT approved , none of the NiCu line vendors are willing to go through the approval process up here .
I was told that the factory prebent Chebby lines were pretty cheap for some models .

Robin , them Blue Brick lines are DOT approved , none of the NiCu line vendors are willing to go through the approval process up here .
I was told that the factory prebent Chebby lines were pretty cheap for some models .

I haven't tried a GM dealer directly but my research online has found that the prebent regular steel line are like $50 less than the same kits in full stainless steel......I really like the idea of "forever" lines...so I'm willing to spend a bit more to not have to do it over every three years......as I said I drive 'em 'till the wheels fall off......never sell my trucks except to the scrap yard......my friend Willey always laffs when I talk of selling something.....he says "You would never sell ANYTHING.....you wouldn't sell a dead cat for fear there might be one life left in him and you might of miscounted" LOL!!!!

Stainless lines would be the best around here but if kept undercoated the lines have lasted quite well except those down where they are literally sandblasted by the rock salt. This winter the Dept of Transport were spreading salt brine instead of rock salt, likely no better but can`t be much worse.

Yeah...they do both here......when snow is eminent they lay down a coat of brine......then follow up with straight rock salt on the state roads.....town roads get saltsand........I live on a town road but at either end it goes to state road.....I can't get away from it......

Thanks Jerry .....I'll see what turns up between now and then but if I'm still looking when I come up perhaps I can buy a straight handle from you.

No need to buy, I will toss a couple of complete saws in the trunk, good riddance to em.....LOL

Got a couple new toys today , shinny toys too ! LOL Kept looking at the stainless thingy , sure looked real handy for many things . Held out fer a whole month before I got weak . LOL Little on the pricey side , but I shouldn't evah need nother one . Got one pry bar / nail puller I had since I was 17 , one of the graduation tools from carpentry class . LOL That pry bar has saved me umpteen times over the years ! LOL Most used tool they gave me , not really gave , just made it sound like they did . Got a crows foot somewhere I think ? And a 6" stanley square got same time . Very few of them tools stihl with me . Hammer didn't last no time , seems it grew legs . Dirty SOB that helped it break out ! Stihl got muh second 16 oz. hammer . Big ol framing hammer stihl laying round here too . Needs a handle , got broked some how ?
That was 2 years of me wasting my time , 6 months was all I could take of the a-holes I worked for . May have been much different had I got good ones to work for ?

One of the pile is all back together !20160429_092023 (720x1280).jpg 20160429_115234 (1280x720).jpg 20160429_133723 (1280x720).jpg 20160429_133511 (720x1280).jpg 20160429_092023 (720x1280).jpg 20160429_115234 (1280x720).jpg 20160429_133723 (1280x720).jpg 20160429_133511 (720x1280).jpg 20160429_092023 (720x1280).jpg

WTF , how is it even possible to post a pic more than once ? LOL

That udder thing is gonna be muh new buffer , got a couple motors I can use , didn't see no reason to buy a whole buffer . LOL Not real sure how this set up is gonna work yet ? Put grease fittings in there easy muff , but not sure WTF else is in there to keep grease in there ? May need a Mongo help out a bit ? LOL

WTF , how is it even possible to post a pic more than once ? LOL

That udder thing is gonna be muh new buffer , got a couple motors I can use , didn't see no reason to buy a whole buffer . LOL Not real sure how this set up is gonna work yet ? Put grease fittings in there easy muff , but not sure WTF else is in there to keep grease in there ? May need a Mongo help out a bit ? LOL

What was that white stand designed for? Looks like the shaft is just a straight one with no shoulders to tighten up against, shaft just slide left to right.

Got it off ebay . LOL Just happen to see it same place I got the little anvil , had to grab it !! The shaft has the pulley in the center that tightens to the shaft . Gonna need thrust washers or something so it don't wear on the housing . I have some out of a Homie Super 2 I think will work ? If not , hey Unc !! LOL

Shazzam !!!!

IMG_20160430_150122.jpg

Mighty Mouse saves the day !
Page 2 rescue .
:)

'Nuther day at the iron mine.......got the forward cross member fit and one side welded up completely...finish the other side and grind off/deslag today.......frame was slightly splayed apart...pipe clamps took care of that.......priced fuel pumps yesterday.....'bout had a heart attack!!!!! 'Bout 6 different pumps to fit those trucks....different pump if a 6' bed than an 8' bed??? Of coure mine is 'bout the most 'spensive one.......GGGggggggg......damn thing rusted out...didn't wear out...was working fine until I touched it.....

Some of the gas tank/rad shops around here will replumb some sending units .
If you're using aftermarket pumps , go with the OEM manufacturer or a Delco , check with new , sometimes the GM one is close in price . The cheap ones are junk 9 out of 10 times .

Latest posts

Back