Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the gas tank/rad shops around here will replumb some sending units .
If you're using aftermarket pumps , go with the OEM manufacturer or a Delco , check with new , sometimes the GM one is close in price . The cheap ones are junk 9 out of 10 times .

That's 'zactly what I figgered.......toss up between the Delco or Delphi.....both OEM it looks like.....both 'spensive....but not a corner worth cutting I believe....never want to see it again once installed.......

The original one didn't quit......pump is still good....just the entire top rusted away and simply crumbled when I touched it......just waiting to fail....

IMG_20160430_160423.jpg

Looks good from this side :(

Ouch!!!......I hate it when the saw just suddenly stops cutting!!!!!!

More work at the iron mine yesterday.....had to add a little to the frame sides to get the cross member inner flanges to "plane out".......then got the cross member up into place and thoroughly welded all around. Then welded the muffler rear hanger mount on....busy day......next I have move up under the cab and add some 1/4" plate to either side of the inner frame around the cross member behind the transfer case......may get those fit today but rainy so will have to wait until the next good day to push it out side to weld. Was looking over the fuel line replacement from the tank to the engine......dread......I don't think they could have routed them in a more impossible place to try and replace.....be a piece of cake if I just take the cab and front clip off too......grrrrrrrr.......

DSC_0195.JPG DSC_0196.JPG DSC_0198.JPG DSC_0199.JPG DSC_0200.JPG

Gotta say Robin is a lot like my Uncle out in Indy . Purdy much a master of wood and metal . Not many around that can do both so well . Hes likely better with the metal , and your little better with wood , but evens out I think . I would like to see you build some cars or tractors like he does . I am very sure you can do that just as well .
Plus you can sell them fast as you make them . He gets round 500.00 each for the cars , not sure on trains and tractors ? Would guess as much or more for them ?

Had to have one of these fer the wall . LOL Plumb brand ? View attachment 501380

I have a very nice Plumb hatchet......was my fathers.....it's been around for as long as I can remember.....been used a lot!!

Plumb used to make very good nail hammers too.......my favorite was a 16oz with a 17" glass handle....but like everything else that was once good, they became cheaply made.....concept of balance was lost.....became just a clout like the rest......no longer a precise tool....

Couple hatchet pics.....Plumb and not sure what brand hewing hatchet like Jerry asked about...only sharpened in one direction...sorta like a chisel...

1385.JPG 1386.JPG 1387.JPG 1392.JPG

Not doing much today , pain is a bit much last night and today , stupid weather !!

Did get some new chiner toys today ! And its 100% Dannys fault !! LOL Not sure how many this makes of them ? Sure hate to say it , but they are damn good knives .
The Ulu I have no idea where it was made , I just didn't have one . Put handles on several blades I bought fer Christmas presents few years ago . Just didn't save muhself one ? LOLnew knives.jpg

Sure is Jerry , left hand I think . Rob told me bout how they were done for left and right . I had no idea , just happen to be yacking with him when it showed up . LOL

It looked like the set we had on the farm in the carriage shop, we had the left and the right and the 3 different adzes for squaring timber. I chipped a lot of wood back then with the chip hatchets, spokeshave,drawknife, whittling knives and chisels. Could make about anything from a rough piece of wood.

Latest posts

Back