Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About came up short yesterday Dan... hooked to that trailer of lumber to turn it around. As I lifted the hydraulics I noticed the front end got light. I quickly added the 5 weights up front and jumped on. My driveway jumps up real quick. I snagged 6th (of 8) and poured the fuel on. Got to about 2200 rpm at the bottom of the hill and by the top we were rolling coal and down to 800 rpm. Pulled a move I hadnt done in a long time... power shifted 6 to 5 and kept it rolling on up the hill. Got nervous that of it stopped I'd never got it going again and wouldn't be able to stop it going down backwards.

Got it turned around and eased down cautiously. Again the little beast made it work....and put some smoke in the air for the neighbors.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Got to play with a bunch of old tractors down on the farm last Sat. ,could have some real fun there fixing up a few of the old tractors sitting around. Got a 1969 Ford started and running, replaced a ball joint the owner had sitting around for over 3 years now, he didn`t know two hammers will pop out the joint stud with ease, he thought he would have to buy a puller of some sort. Was amazed I popped er out on the first try, put the new one in place,set it up for tow in and away it went for the first run in over 3 years. Still another 6 tractors sitting waiting for simple repairs, the two runners he has are also in need of some tlc but run well enough to get the chores done.

Sinking like a stone these days, maybe things will settle down now the big whoop is over.

Yep....the "Dark Days" are coming......traffic will surely pick up on here as summah winds down.....plans almost completed for the Newfoundland trip!!! Woot!!!

Yep....the "Dark Days" are coming......traffic will surely pick up on here as summah winds down.....plans almost completed for the Newfoundland trip!!! Woot!!!

Have a great time in ole Newfiedom, Southwest coast is the best weather, the Northern Peninsula the best sights.

Have a great time in ole Newfiedom, Southwest coast is the best weather, the Northern Peninsula the best sights.

We are coming in at Port aux Basques then heading up through Gros Morne National Park...then all the way on up to L'Anse aux Meadows....then back down to Deer Lake...then across the north shore to Twillingate and iceberg alley.....then down the east side through Terra Nova and to the St John/Avalon area for a week.......we're booked on the last ferry out of Placentia for the season.....DON"T be late!!!! LOL!! The FIL was going with us but he had some health issues and backed out.....just me and the bride I guess.....looking forward to it .....be gone three weeks or more.....

We are coming in at Port aux Basques then heading up through Gros Morne National Park...then all the way on up to L'Anse aux Meadows....then back down to Deer Lake...then across the north shore to Twillingate and iceberg alley.....then down the east side through Terra Nova and to the St John/Avalon area for a week.......we're booked on the last ferry out of Placentia for the season.....DON"T be late!!!! LOL!! The FIL was going with us but he had some health issues and backed out.....just me and the bride I guess.....looking forward to it .....be gone three weeks or more.....[/QUOTE
Sounds like a great trip Robin!

Discuss
6ce0187f583c3af449258b09aa65b0a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back