Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ttt
Page 2 money maker bump !

UAlYDY5ASj1n_RftWIB4HPYFrJFxRq02pfyYLvaJrwAQo4q97elv_kPjcnigEnWYCk0uxdyqyR6CMyn7iDUThJphk-3Pu45mpWXZkGhn1ypK_GqMJ7ERLVCmyvyI9vTWTE93SKpy_5_cyxO2t251RU_rvd-wzpJWRGWbaWzTE_9EDX6An1gtnuoJBfFXCZyJHEk8ELHzcut-L3nn-ZHNb2LS0Uo1C25PhFdJNPHDgB_rPmzPvUhU8YSd-B0hFmA1j7s6lcmMOwgt_isMWUephWQQkPp_85YOUP95tzmBeoLyMkCaz-USwP1kSzX4HJ_izwgZWFLjeU9L0KDZ3QlMdlbW_DAb5nK5DTxQ8SZGnkUzNW2CRt1WIcgyi7nj_OlJ5--wE9nRlfxJbO42sype5MijVag6xmHBzjO0a95xjzXGqKELQJxdcdR5buhR5z8Foygs6eAs3CSDEW2iF2EBxANv_VePMGC3Vdm346-t0EEL5K9VCkO3GoOdnEuRUJwcW0OSLnhFvfYEQIuP7D32XjCDMZxDy4NfCS8-1LjyeU3pb8U1_AMLVEhmki3FXYO-_fYUGjDxwzmd_v6Fc8_AAXjuQoiJTCqbdYDXk6RznFOZOn7fDkTm77TIjwoZY8V1iGQ3HBx4uoyZq2gnrnTnPJnKsyW-vC5_pFFu=w1668-h938-no

Back down in the civilized part again. Spent the last few daze up in Moreton's Harbour and Twillingate area....ghawdamn boldest coast I evah saw.....brutal and beautiful all at once.....will try to get some pics out of my camera later...folks are a jem....everyone friendly.....understand most of what they say......but....they look at me like I talk funny....both speaking two different similar but different versions of a mongrel type of English....LOLOL!!!!

Used to be that there was respect for other peoples property whether it was actually owned by or just worked for by a person, stealing was not stood for, blanket part or the barrel of a gun would be the result so most toed the line rather closely.

WOOT!! Looks like I can post pics again!!! This is just one of literally thousands of small piles is black spruce worked up along the sides of the roads up here everywhere you go.....most is fit to stove length....this batch is pile and dry in 4' length like pulpwood.....lot of spruce smoke in the air now!! Funny thing is, the leaves were starting to change at home and up through New Brunswick......but not started yet in Nova Scotia.....and not at all in Newfoundland....lot of gardens still producing heavily.....yesterday in Twillingate I found a big patch of plump, fresh, healthy blue berries growning.....just doesn't seem right.....it's real bleak up here.....haven't seen a tree ovah 16 foot tall in 1000 miles of driving......but they grow so thick you couldn't pull a snake through the forest.....you just can't enter the woods unless someone has broke a trail.

Hmm.....not sure what's up with posting pics....got one to post but this one won't.......have to click it I guess....:angry:

Attachments

• Newfoundland 738.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 14
Well........I been a big fan of Keith's IPA for a long tyme.....and I'm sad to have to say it but I found a better tasting 'Nadian beverage....nevah wooda thunk it....it's a Newfoundland brew.......brewed by Quidi Vidi...pronounced Kitty Vidi......they have several very good brews like the "1892" but my new favorite is their Brittish IPA......OH MAN that's good stuffs.......HAW-PEEEE!!!

Newfoundland 081.JPG

Staying in a lovely little place called Dildo.......don't make jokes.....the Newfys don't get/see the humor.....anyway...went all the way up the peninsular today.......stunning....first pic is of "Shag Rock"...then we went up to another outport called Grates Cove.....puzzle why anyone would have ever built and lived there.....bleak doesn't even begin to describe the place......bear in mind the weather was beautiful today.....normally ..NOT.....

Newfoundland 047.JPG Newfoundland 052.JPG Newfoundland 053.JPG Newfoundland 056.JPG Newfoundland 054.JPG

Come across any Bennet Dominion yet? Must have consumed several hundred gallons of that years back when we drank every night 7 days a week....LOL
No....haven't seen that yet.....will keep an eye out....going into St John's for the night on Wednesday......plan on doing the "Pub Crawl" on George St....walk/wobble home.....one block off George St.

Staying in a lovely little place called Dildo.......don't make jokes.....the Newfys don't get/see the humor.....anyway...went all the way up the peninsular today.......stunning....first pic is of "Shag Rock"...then we went up to another outport called Grates Cove.....puzzle why anyone would have ever built and lived there.....bleak doesn't even begin to describe the place......bear in mind the weather was beautiful today.....normally ..NOT.....

View attachment 602304 View attachment 602305 View attachment 602306 View attachment 602307 View attachment 602310
It sounds like your kind of place...

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

View attachment 602304 View attachment 602305 View attachment 602306 View attachment 602307 View attachment 602310

Very bleak up there, very exposed to the ravages of the Atlantic, trees can`t get a chance to grow in that thin soil and salt laced winds. Access to the fishing grounds was likely the only reason for families to settle on that coast, much better conditions further inside the bay.

Back