Suspenders-

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard the golf shoe remark from so many east coasters, they really think its clever too. Just so yall know, you sound stupid.
Does it really look like a ####ing golf shoe or does it look like a tough ass leather boot with spikes on the bottom? I'm not trying to be personal or a #### here, its just dumb, come up with something better!

My son in law talked me into going golfing with him once.....I wore my corks....does that count? :laugh:

Andy

Shoes huh, implies that they are kinda short, like running shoes. I've always called em boots, whole famn damily calls em boots and everyone I know calls em boots... but I'm from Darrington so who knows, most of em are illiterate anyway...

Shoes lace up, boots don't. Nothing to do with height.

I used to use the square-wrench golf spikes on my calk boots. They were a bit longer and wore a bit better than the regular calks, but weren't as obnoxious as the redwood-length ones, and only cost a bit more. Haven't seen 'em in awhile, though. There was an adapter that fit the pins of the regular spanner-type calk wrench which stripped out about every two bags' worth, but that was fine because a new one came in every bag. I think I still have a couple adapters laying around.

I really do prefer drive caulks, going the way of the dodo bird though.
I always ended up with those screw in caulks stripping in the sole when I had them.

And what does all this have to do with suspenders?:msp_confused::arg:I guess.

I believe the lumberjacks who compete in the log birling or is it burling or berling or trying to spin around on a log in the water dumping the other person off, wear golf shoes or something similar.

From what I've seen in other event's the pro competitors are using track shoes. I would think the burling, birling, or berling folks use em too. Maybe they have something super special?

I'm not sure hump but it's bein hashed over lol

Last edited:
Oh. Back to suspenders. Out east we call them braces, which like a cummerbund, is an accessory to any good five-piece suit.

And as I'm sure you all learned in finishing school, the ability to accessorize is what separates us from the animals.

I believe the lumberjacks who compete in the log birling or is it burling or berling or trying to spin around on a log in the water dumping the other person off, wear golf shoes or something similar.

what about curling? seems a good place for golf shoes, I mean corked shoes.

Thats it? CEO said "I wanna start building some corks." But that damn scribe wrote "crocs". Blame it on the scribe. Always the messenger's fault.

Shoes lace up, boots don't. Nothing to do with height.

Hold on a minute, let me grab my boots.
bunny-slippers.jpg

:laugh:

Andy

Oh. Back to suspenders. Out east we call them braces, which like a cummerbund, is an accessory to any good five-piece suit.

And as I'm sure you all learned in finishing school, the ability to accessorize is what separates us from the animals.

I've heard them called braces, but around here they were called galluses (that's probably not spelled right).

Andy

I'd always worn belts. I do help out on ranches and farms though and love the 2 pair of overalls that I possess. I wasn't sure why a lot of the professional loggers wore braces, until it occurred to my why I love my overalls... Mobility. With the braces, the chips don't rub raw spots on my stomach and they provide a freedom of mobility that is unmatched with a belt. I love them for that reason. Especially when It's warm and I'm sweating my ___ off...

No offense hump, but that's kinda weird, granted I'm not a real good judge on societal rules and what not... and fashion is not my forte, by any stretch of imagination...

Talk to Slowp. Logger fashions are kind of a hobby, maybe crusade would be a better word, for her.

She'll make some sartorial recommendations that will definitely make you stand out among your peers. You'll be looking sharp and they'll be amazed and impressed.

As soon as they get through laughing hysterically, that is.

Back