Suspenders-

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talk to Slowp. Logger fashions are kind of a hobby, maybe crusade would be a better word, for her.

She'll make some sartorial recommendations that will definitely make you stand out among your peers. You'll be looking sharp and they'll be amazed and impressed.

As soon as they get through laughing hysterically, that is.

I'm pretty sure people laugh at me anyways... kids either stare or cry. I have a vendetta against Pastel colors of any kind, so her advice would fall on deaf ears:msp_biggrin: but I'm a little bit color blind so its embarrasing how many brown things I've bought, taken home, and then found out where pink...

I'm pretty sure people laugh at me anyways... kids either stare or cry. I have a vendetta against Pastel colors of any kind, so her advice would fall on deaf ears:msp_biggrin: but I'm a little bit color blind so its embarrasing how many brown things I've bought, taken home, and then found out where pink...

Just tell em you're tryin to emulate the Duke. They'll either shut up or stare at you wih an even funnier facial expression... :msp_blink:

No offense hump, but that's kinda weird, granted I'm not a real good judge on societal rules and what not... and fashion is not my forte, by any stretch of imagination...

Back in the day when all the caulks came in those nice tall boxes (shoe boxes by the way) the boxes all said shoes on them. Cowboys wore boots, loggers wore shoes, rubber boots were for farmers and they never thought of putting caulks in them.
No logger wanted to be called a cowboy or a farmer.

Not sure about fashion but if you didn't have suspenders, logger cut pants, hickory shirt and white ox gloves you stuck out like a sore thumb. Not good for a green choker dog to stick out.

Back in the day when all the caulks came in those nice tall boxes (shoe boxes by the way) the boxes all said shoes on them. Cowboys wore boots, loggers wore shoes, rubber boots were for farmers and they never thought of putting caulks in them.

Not sure about fashion but if you didn't have suspenders, logger cut pants, hickory shirt and white ox gloves you stuck out like a sore thumb. Not good for a green choker dog to stick out.

I forget what were loggers that wore bib overalls called? I know it was no compliment lol

I forget what were loggers that wore bib overalls called? I know it was no compliment lol

Farmer Loggers? As in "They look like Farmer Loggers" (spit chew here). Now the Iowians are going to get all hot and bothered. I've done it again. But remember, I'm confused.

Part of the Farmer Logger style here is to wear green rubber boots and tuck your pants legs in them. Although nobody gave this guy any guff about it. But he also chose to wear a white hardhat because it annoyed his crew. They are a good crew too.
267247d1355323227-stringing-out-haywire0001-jpg

View attachment 267247
I've also noticed that the guys who have worked in Alaska seem to tuck the pants in, and also wear sweat pants under their raingear. What happens if the sun comes out and the weather warms up? Never mind that sweatpants are tacky. ;)
View attachment 267248

Farmer Loggers? As in "They look like Farmer Loggers" (spit chew here). Now the Iowians are going to get all hot and bothered. I've done it again. But remember, I'm confused.

Part of the Farmer Logger style here is to wear green rubber boots and tuck your pants legs in them. Although nobody gave this guy any guff about it. But he also chose to wear a white hardhat because it annoyed his crew. They are a good crew too.
267247d1355323227-stringing-out-haywire0001-jpg

View attachment 267247
I've also noticed that the guys who have worked in Alaska seem to tuck the pants in, and also wear sweat pants under their raingear. What happens if the sun comes out and the weather warms up? Never mind that sweatpants are tacky. ;)
View attachment 267248

There is a specific term for em. Some desparaging mention of Oregon in the name too...

Up in SE the sun never comes out!!! might as well be comforatable under your rain gear lol

I've got a rule of thumb for that. Shoes = Laces / Boots = No laces.

Don't ask me about horse shoes or women's high heel shoes. I have no explanation for them.

Well I had to post about falling. Today about 40 minutes after starting I went down on a stob from about 6 feet up. My right leg looks like it has a nerf football under the skin above the knee lmao. I worked the day out though. Now I can barely walk. I bet its gonna feel so good tomorrow morning I can't wait!!

Well I had to post about falling. Today about 40 minutes after starting I went down on a stob from about 6 feet up. My right leg looks like it has a nerf football under the skin above the knee lmao. I worked the day out though. Now I can barely walk. I bet its gonna feel so good tomorrow morning I can't wait!!

Sorry to hear about that. I'll tell you what my Dad used to tell me.
It'll feel better when it quits hurting.
Hope it feels better soon.

Andy

What Bob said!

Hope ya feel better after a good nights sleep, but I doubt it. I hate impact injuries like that. :msp_sneaky:

I fell off the yarder one time cause the wet steel and my caulks thought it would be neat to sling me off. I landed with one leg regular, and the other reached out in front across the outrigger. I did the happy dance for about 10 minutes on that one.

After your fall did you take off your suspenders and wrap your leg up with them like a knee brace. Sorry just tryn to stay on subject

I didn't read all the posts so if someone already put this....I don't care.

.....this is per Ron Hartell ... Suspenders are worn for safety. Safety starts with being comfortable. If your hot, tired, or irritable. The statistics go up your gunna get hurt.

I enjoy old logging movies, videos, and so on. All those guys weren't there for a fashion show. It was all function. The reason those ol boys wore their pants 2 sizes to big with suspenders without a belt is so you stay cool and dry. Just standing the wind will blow up your pant leg and out your collar and sleeves. Wearing a belt stops that and leaves you with a sweaty sac. Coveralls with nothing but undies on work to but no one wants to look like a farmer in the woods. Guys who wear suspenders with a belt? Not sure.

Latest posts

Back