• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Sweet Makita 6421 hurry

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So as an FNG on the forum, I wasn't completely nuts when I saw this ad and thought the seller was "all hat and no cattle" ?
I scour the TP several times a day and this listing was certainly one of those "one of these things is not like the other" situations.

The other forum I'm on doesn't allow critique in the classifieds, I like this better.

So as an FNG on the forum, I wasn't completely nuts when I saw this ad and thought the seller was "all hat and no cattle" ?
I scour the TP several times a day and this listing was certainly one of those "one of these things is not like the other" situations.

The other forum I'm on doesn't allow critique in the classifieds, I like this better.
They don't really allow it here either, they just haven't locked the thread yet lol

Oh I have to laugh at some of the remarks, so Home Depot is Pawning their chainsaws now?
I'll elaborate for you. Home Depot sells their previous rental 64xx's for around $300...same condition as the one you're selling (minus the steaming pile of 20 hr BS), except for around $150 less. Now, keep with me...one of those saws, in the same condition and same markings as the saw you tried selling, ended up in a pawn shop in Lakewood CO which I quickly picked up for $140.

Gotcha, thanks. Every once in a while we can get away with one, typically when it's a pretty obvious scam. Some one will politely call BS while a mod reviews IP addresses and so forth.
These days I hang out more on AboristSite. Less big brother kinda stuff. Notice I had to space it out otherwise it will **** it out. I still like this site and there are plenty of people on here that I talk to but it's not as laid back

These days I hang out more on AboristSite. Less big brother kinda stuff. Notice I had to space it out otherwise it will **** it out. I still like this site and there are plenty of people on here that I talk to but it's not as laid back

Now I'm in trouble, I just found OPE. Now I have a new place to check out, although a good number of sales are duplicates from here, so that narrows it down some.

It's good to know how to skirt the system sometimes, I use apeforum, or OPEforum ;).
I think it's all about selecting an area to hang out in on any of them as there are areas here and there I just stay away from.

Welcome to AS Mr Brown.
He does seem to have a few cattle, just that those cattle are nothing special and have been "over sold" a wee bit. These are great saws and I wouldn't shy away from one even though it was most likely a rental, but the price, condition, and the approach is what I shy away from, I'm just glad it's out in the open for people to see.
They don't really allow it here either, they just haven't locked the thread yet lol
I'm not sure about that, maybe it says that in some rules somewhere, but there hasn't been locks put on too many ads in the TP as once took place in a long time.
On other sites you list the item and that's it, no hey what's up Austin, great seller here, nothing. It does keep the TP cleaned up and guys don't have to read through a bunch of pages to find out if an item is available or not.
One thing I've found a bit annoying with that is that the ad title will not be changed to sold. So much like this one, the OP says he's now parting the saw out, but he has not changed the title and neither has a Mod o_O.

Welcome to AS Mr Brown.
He does seem to have a few cattle, just that those cattle are nothing special and have been "over sold" a wee bit. These are great saws and I wouldn't shy away from one even though it was most likely a rental, but the price, condition, and the approach is what I shy away from, I'm just glad it's out in the open for people to see.

I'm not sure about that, maybe it says that in some rules somewhere, but there hasn't been locks put on too many ads in the TP as once took place in a long time.
On other sites you list the item and that's it, no hey what's up Austin, great seller here, nothing. It does keep the TP cleaned up and guys don't have to read through a bunch of pages to find out if an item is available or not.
One thing I've found a bit annoying with that is that the ad title will not be changed to sold. So much like this one, the OP says he's now parting the saw out, but he has not changed the title and neither has a Mod o_O.
Yeah, it has been a minute since I've seen them lock an ad now that you mention it, but I have seen it done. It's almost like the mods are humans too and have lives outside of this site :rolleyes:

And since you said it first, hey Brett! :p

So much like this one, the OP says he's now parting the saw out, but he has not changed the title and neither has a Mod o_O.
I highly doubt the OP will be parting out a saw that does not belong to him. As mentioned when he spun his web of lies he has been caught in it several times. My mother used to say to me 'you need a very good memory to be a good liar'. The OP makes a poor con.

Dang, this thread is interesting to watch! I am very surprise how the op didn't disappear yet. Obviously a rental, and how he still tries to defend his point is hilarious. Only thing he's doing a good job on here is successfully working towards never selling another saw on here. Those of us who are browsing the trading forums are all quite knowledgeable on saws.

IMG_0153.JPG IMG_0154.JPG IMG_0153.JPG IMG_0154.JPG IMG_0156.JPG IMG_0158.JPG IMG_0153.JPG IMG_0154.JPG IMG_0156.JPG IMG_0158.JPG IMG_0160.JPG IMG_0162.JPG IMG_0163.JPG IMG_0164.JPG IMG_0165.JPG IMG_0166.JPG
There! I went ahead and did this saw yesterday and all night, so I hope all my little kids are happy now . Should I even bother checking the compression?

Dang, this thread is interesting to watch! I am very surprise how the op didn't disappear yet. Obviously a rental, and how he still tries to defend his point is hilarious. Only thing he's doing a good job on here is successfully working towards never selling another saw on here. Those of us who are browsing the trading forums are all quite knowledgeable on saws.

Correct on the knowledgeable part. Explain this to me again, when you yank on the rope thingie and the saw is making noise, that means it's ready to use?

Back