t435 or 192T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawnchopper

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
would like to get a top handle saw for limbing and brush cutting with occasional climbing. I like husky but i was told that the T435 is a Redmax and t is made in china. I rather not support the communist red flag if i dont have to. The Stihl 192t is now made in brazil. Not sure if that's better or not but wondering what luck and recommendations anyone on arborisite might have?? If I want saws that are made in USA or Sweden or Germany i'd have to spend about $500

Ms150t is my favourite top handle followed by 200t, that's all climbing though, a lightly modded 192t is also a fantastic saw

I love my 192T now that its tweaked. There is a member here that wants to sell a like new tweaked 193T its the same as a 192T but its a strato. I will PM you his name. I believe the 192 and 192 are made in Virginia Beach, VA.

There's also echo.

And besides that, poulan tophandles are still out there in plenty, and would work fine for occasional work, and can be found cheap.

would like to get a top handle saw for limbing and brush cutting with occasional climbing. I like husky but i was told that the T435 is a Redmax and t is made in china. I rather not support the communist red flag if i dont have to. The Stihl 192t is now made in brazil. Not sure if that's better or not but wondering what luck and recommendations anyone on arborisite might have?? If I want saws that are made in USA or Sweden or Germany i'd have to spend about $500
I heard the husky is a **** to work on too just to clean ur exhaust port you need to pull the engine out from the recoil side to do any mods. Thats just what i read about them.. id say stihl if it is in good shape. On craigslist i have seen a couple 200t in fairly nice shape $400.

The 435T is the same as the Jonsered 2139T. Had the 2139T and didn't like the handling or quality. It is not a Redmax. The 192T is a low end top handle. Don't like it much, either. Too cheaply built. Not a heavy duty saw at all. Check out the Efco 132S. Priced like the 193t/193t, but built as heavy duty as a 200t.

There's also echo.

And besides that, poulan tophandles are still out there in plenty, and would work fine for occasional work, and can be found cheap.
Yeah i have 2 echo top handle saws a 340 and 360t my 360 with cat removed no mm or porting runs strong and eats through 13inch elm no problem with the stock crappy oregon chain il have my carlton on it soon to se how it turns it through dry 12 inch oak

Yeah i have 2 echo top handle saws a 340 and 360t my 360 with cat removed no mm or porting runs strong and eats through 13inch elm no problem with the stock crappy oregon chain il have my carlton on it soon to se how it turns it through dry 12 inch oak
I think the timing advance made all the difference on that saw. Good job
May try a advanced hey on my echo soon. That 6* made a big difference in ur saw

The 435T is the same as the Jonsered 2139T. Had the 2139T and didn't like the handling or quality. It is not a Redmax.
It's clearly a Zenoah/RedMax design.

I've never had any need or use for a top handle, but the 435T is such a cool design - like a GZ4000 all folded up. I can't help but want one. The engine looks like a GZ4000 cylinder extended into a clamshell and mounted horizontally.

The 435T is the same as the Jonsered 2139T. Had the 2139T and didn't like the handling or quality. It is not a Redmax. The 192T is a low end top handle. Don't like it much, either. Too cheaply built. Not a heavy duty saw at all. Check out the Efco 132S. Priced like the 193t/193t, but built as heavy duty as a 200t.
No the 338XPT is the same as the JRed 2139T. I've never been a fan of Husky TH saws either i never liked the handling and design, they've always been nose heavy. I love my 192T now that its modded on trim jobs where the 200T/201T is overkill.

The 192/193 is a great little saw if used for its purpose, its not a 200/201 so it can't be used like one. They're also half the price.

the dealer which sells both stihl and husky said that the 192t is now made in brazil and the t435 is the only husky that is made in china. I also didnt know husky bought redmax and the t435 is a redmax that is made in china

the dealer which sells both stihl and husky said that the 192t is now made in brazil and the t435 is the only husky that is made in china. I also didnt know husky bought redmax and the t435 is a redmax that is made in china

what about the Jonsered 2139T? i wonder if that be the same as the husky but with red paint??

Made in Japan japs make good engines
Im impressed with my saws. Used a 192 a few times and just didnt like it

Attachments

• 1416940924345.jpg
    1416940924345.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 1416773504545.jpg
    1416773504545.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 10
I'm running a husky t435 with a 14 inch total 2 bar and Carlton chain. It way out cuts the 192 that I previously had. The husky is a much bigger pain to work on though.

Back