TCIA Worthwhile?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griff93

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I run a small 2-3 man tree service. I'm curious if other close to my size find TCIA membership to be beneficial. I'll admit I'm kinda scared away by their dues. I'm interested in their CTSP and Aerial rescue training. More knowledge and training certainly wouldn't hurt. I've only run across two CA's in this area and no one seems to care about accreditation at all except the guys that have them. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Griff

I run a small 2-3 man tree service. I'm curious if other close to my size find TCIA membership to be beneficial. I'll admit I'm kinda scared away by their dues. I'm interested in their CTSP and Aerial rescue training. More knowledge and training certainly wouldn't hurt. I've only run across two CA's in this area and no one seems to care about accreditation at all except the guys that have them. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Griff
Griff, Joining TCIA is one of the best investments you can make in your commercial tree care business. That membership will instantly set u apart from the competition and help show you the way to prosperity. Of course you need to do your part to help initiate any benefit. We joined when we were the same size company as you. There are many resources to utilize while helping the industry protect itself from over regulation and other issues that threaten what we do. I bet you could pay your dues in installments if needed. Just ask em.

I think TCIA is certainly worth it. They offer a lot of resources that I may not otherwise know even exist.

Not sure the CTSP I worth it for a small company. I actually had a conversation about that with a TCIA rep at a trade show and he agreed...but TCIA is good

Tcia has alot of resources available but there membership fees are outrages. You can still take there classes without being a member. I joined for the first year at the reduced rate. Didnt renew because the regular rate was too much for what you get in my opinion

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Back