Techlite Bar Warped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artemis

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My 16" techlite seems to have warped. The bar and saw are brand new, only seen about 14 tanks or so. I know for a fact that the bar has never been pinched, bent, or been under any amount of force enough to bend it, unless the techlites are very pathetically weak. Last I used it, I was only limbing and the saw cut fine. Next time I go to use it on some small logs and the saw is cutting on an angle HARD. Chain is sharp and done properly, so I looked down the bar and sure enough its not only bent, its also got a twist to it. The saw goes overkill on the oil, so I know its not been overheated, as well as no heat coloring. The curve is smooth and consistent too, not like a sharp bend or kink.

My question is, Can a bar warp from being a manufactured defect AND/OR from sudden temperature change (+20C house to -3C outside) ?
Are the techlites laminated? and would that have anything to do with it?

Just get a new bar won't cost a fortune the one you have is toast for one reason or another Honestly I've screwed a bar up that I didn't think should have then had replacement bars run for years Some bars are just better than others

Ok the bar is definitely changing shape from temperature. I brought it in last night from -2C, put it on a perfectly flat surface and checked the curve and twist. The curve hasnt changed but the twist has gotten much worse! I should make a video to show it, it's so weird...

Ok the bar is definitely changing shape from temperature. I brought it in last night from -2C, put it on a perfectly flat surface and checked the curve and twist. The curve hasnt changed but the twist has gotten much worse! I should make a video to show it, it's so weird...
I let the bar sit in the same place all night before checking again this morning

Crazy isn't it.

I believe the core of the bar is aluminum which is glued and riveted to the steel shell.

It's new right? Take it back to the dealer.
I did and unfortunately the bar is not covered by warranty, but they wanted to do sone thing for me anyways and they gave me 20% off of a new bar as well as a new chain. I went down to a 14" as well which i think the t540 likes better anyways

I did and unfortunately the bar is not covered by warranty, but they wanted to do sone thing for me anyways and they gave me 20% off of a new bar as well as a new chain. I went down to a 14" as well which i think the t540 likes better anyways
Well at least the gave you a bit of a break. Dealers in the know, would have covered that bar, or not have sold it in the first place.

Latest posts

Back