Tell me what I am doing wrong

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to find someone that can diagnose a chain saw. There are a lot of things that can cause your problem beside the carb. I have been working on saws for about 12 years, I do not claim to know it all because I still run into problems that I have to call my go to guy for answers. If you want to ship the saw to me I will check it out. It will only cost you the shipping. No charge for my work and that is my good deed for the day. If you want to do this start a conversation for me. Tom

You need to find someone that can diagnose a chain saw. There are a lot of things that can cause your problem beside the carb. I have been working on saws for about 12 years, I do not claim to know it all because I still run into problems that I have to call my go to guy for answers. If you want to ship the saw to me I will check it out. It will only cost you the shipping. No charge for my work and that is my good deed for the day. If you want to do this start a conversation for me. Tom

You deserve a tip of the hat for your kind offer.

In this day & age, gestures such as yours are rare indeed. :clap: :bowdown:

I would go with Hot Shot's deal and change out the carb. At the same time, I would have him send me the fuel, pulse and vent line with the filter and clips or whatever else I needed to do the job. Its not a hard job to do, a couple bolts on the carb and a pair of needle nose plies on the lines. You will need a torx 27 screwdriver which you can buy at lowes for $3.99.

Here is a test: Pull the plug and put your thumb over the hole while you pull it over. Try as hard as you can to hold the pressure into the cylinder with your thumb. If you can, the problem is not the carb.

Called 2 of my local dealers this morning. One had it priced at $33 and can have I in a few days and the other had it priced at $88! The second one is where I bought the saw and have taken it there numerous times for the issues I listed. I think I may be at the end of my rope with that dealer.

He is checking compression

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Just did this test and could not hold the pressure in the cylinder.

I had a tune up kit so just changed to plug, fuel filter and air filter. Cleaned everything up and went to crank it up and......nothing. Not even a burp. I've about had it.

Called 2 of my local dealers this morning. One had it priced at $33 and can have I in a few days and the other had it priced at $88! The second one is where I bought the saw and have taken it there numerous times for the issues I listed. I think I may be at the end of my rope with that dealer.
Did you give them the part number that I put up?

Latest posts

Back