Tested or not? 572 extreme conditions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westboastfaller

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
http://hqendurance.azurewebsites.net/

Scroll through the test clips of places around the world.

I think 38c ( 100 f) is extreme.
How much do they pay those guys to wear those suits in that weather anyway?

They did mention Canada being the toughest due to both extreme hot & cold temps as well terrain, timber size but they didn't show extreme conditions here.
why not over 4200ft either?

Well I guess those are the thresholds?

i've seen the 572 in nasty conditions first hand. i checked out the Canada video and they for sure used no footage from the coast. all sapling joker wood, clean ground, and nice sunny days.
they are a few goons running around with the saw in a buncher block lol

i've seen the 572 in nasty conditions first hand. i checked out the Canada video and they for sure used no footage from the coast. all sapling joker wood, clean ground, and nice sunny days.
they are a few goons running around with the saw in a buncher block lol
lol
Fir yet. How do you get a job like that day in day out? Just enough hill to pull them.

Down the hill bill, no limbing or bucking.
The one faller was either nervous to talk or hung over or both..haha.
There is a lot of wet belt up that way by Nacusp BC. Huge region in the interior actually. That being on steep country west side of the Rockies . Revelstoke, Sicomose, Golden.. The Kamloops end of the Shuswap Lake is Desert. The east end is like West coast that goes all up the north Thompson and Cedar stops just east of Prince George. There's an Ancient forest in Mcbride. First place I cut in a wet belt region in '92. Some of those places you couldn't tell the difference.
I'm sure those guys have had there share in 30 yrs
Funny the Husqvarna rep said that was an awful lot of tree's for one saw. You couldn't get much easier on a saw than that. Wind out in 4-6' big snags in the flats where they are all snapped off at 10-60' You will burn 3 gallons and hardly get a chance to cut and scale..right!
Its a stock 70 saw. Were you guys using square chisel on it? That would definitely help keep the speed up and the chain pulling off the bar too far so chips don't jam it all the time.
I really don't expect it to cut 390 ground stock but for sure it could get a good work out in certain ground or certain trees.
Did any trees piss on it? Extreme cold and let it suck some snow in once in a while then a bit warmer day and then a cold night. Ive been on winter Seismic jobs with 100 cutters and - 30+ fir full 28 day shifts and no place to work on a saw. Thats normal. Maybe sneak it in to your camp room and back out to the truck box before the saw starts to warm.
Elevation was what I was hoping to see more of also.

Another point, the saw you used may have been improved since.

lol
Fir yet. How do you get a job like that day in day out? Just enough hill to pull them.

Down the hill bill, no limbing or bucking.
The one faller was either nervous to talk or hung over or both..haha.
There is a lot of wet belt up that way by Nacusp BC. Huge region in the interior actually. That being on steep country west side of the Rockies . Revelstoke, Sicomose, Golden.. The Kamloops end of the Shuswap Lake is Desert. The east end is like West coast that goes all up the north Thompson and Cedar stops just east of Prince George. There's an Ancient forest in Mcbride. First place I cut in a wet belt region in '92. Some of those places you couldn't tell the difference.
I'm sure those guys have had there share in 30 yrs
Funny the Husqvarna rep said that was an awful lot of tree's for one saw. You couldn't get much easier on a saw than that. Wind out in 4-6' big snags in the flats where they are all snapped off at 10-60' You will burn 3 gallons and hardly get a chance to cut and scale..right!
Its a stock 70 saw. Were you guys using square chisel on it? That would definitely help keep the speed up and the chain pulling off the bar too far so chips don't jam it all the time.
I really don't expect it to cut 390 grown stock but for sure it could get a good work out in certain ground or certain trees.
Did any trees piss on it? Extreme cold and let it suck some snow in once in a while then a bit warmer day and then a cold night. Ive been on winter Seismic jobs with 100 cutters and no place to work on a saw. Thays normal. Maybe sneak it in to your camp room and back out to the truck box before the saw starts to warm.
elevation was what I was hoping to see more of also.

Another point, the saw you used may have been improved since.

The saw I used was 2 years ago so I don't doubt a second it's been improved. Looks the same though other then the silver case. Yes, we were running square ground on it with a 36" stihl light. To be honest, it's a nice saw but I'm not gonna be replacing the 372's just like that. I will buy one of these and phase them in but they always find more issues when the saws end up on the coast. As far as I know the one I ran was only on the coast a couple months and then the interior for the rest of it's testing. I might even just wait for the 90cc as my fleet will easily last til then.

They can run all the fancy promo videos they want.
When I read about the Tree Services and Loggers on this site giving it a thumbs up then I'll say the saw has been tested in real world N. America conditions. Those guys wearing those fancy duds you would think would be just a little biased since they get a paycheck to boot from Husky. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about a better saw coming out but would rather hear from the guys on this site first hand.

I still have an order in for one when available however. They offer a 7 day return privilege.

Put the 572xp in the hands of 10 novice and see what holds up. Now that would be a good extreme condition.

it's not a good test when factoring in neglect. the engines themselves will be tested when they end up in long bar, big wood country. the 661 was looking great with novices and firewood hacks til it got there lol just keep that in mind.

Yep, there's so many threads on this saw I can't find the details but there are pics showing the size difference and husky sales material about the weight loss in other areas that offsets the weight gain in the bottom end.

The saw I used was 2 years ago so I don't doubt a second it's been improved. Looks the same though other then the silver case. Yes, we were running square ground on it with a 36" stihl light. To be honest, it's a nice saw but I'm not gonna be replacing the 372's just like that. I will buy one of these and phase them in but they always find more issues when the saws end up on the coast. As far as I know the one I ran was only on the coast a couple months and then the interior for the rest of it's testing. I might even just wait for the 90cc as my fleet will easily last til then.
I know there was a few tester down around here NW Oregon SW Washington and a few in the Cascades.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Still sounds like it is a fat pig though compared to the 372...... Not to mention I hope is isn't as temperamental as the 562 is. I seriously cannot stand a saw that doesn't start or you have to do a ritual to make it happy.
Personally I haven't had an issue with my 562 as a falling saw.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm a little disappointed that they didn't make it more unique, it's just a bigger 562. But still the improvements are always nice to see, and with how much they've invested in this saw I have no doubts that it will be reliable. I will be buying one sometime whenever it hits the BC market, although 372's might become a lot cheaper since they will want to phase them out, so buying a handle full of those might be too hard to resist. My dad owns a 562 and it's a wicked little machine, so in the end I'm stoked about the 572. I want to see how it compares to my MM 372 XT with the 32" bar buried.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back