The 560 XP's red sister, Jonsered 2260 !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks good indeed, but there is too little info to know which Husky model this is a version of.

It surely looks good, anyway! :msp_biggrin:

Also, it looks like the red version of the 555 will be the 2258, and that they gained somw weight over the orange versions (quite normal).

Last edited:
Based on the specs, the red versions will weigh more:

Jonsered CS 2258 (red version of 555): 3.1 kW/4.16 hp; 5.6 kg/12.35 lbs
Jonsered CS 2260: 3.5 kW/4.69 hp; 5.6 kg/12.35 lbs

It looks like it will be the orange versions for me!

Doug

EDIT: Whoops! I see that SawTroll already mentioned this. As he says, this is quite normal.

Last edited:
Based on the specs, the red versions will weigh more:

Jonsered CS 2258 (red version of 555): 3.1 kW/4.16 hp; 5.6 kg/12.35 lbs
Jonsered CS 2260: 3.5 kW/4.69 hp; 5.6 kg/12.35 lbs

It looks like it will be the orange versions for me!

Doug

EDIT: Whoops! I see that SawTroll already mentioned this. As he says, this is quite normal.

That was an edit, probably done while you wrote your post! :laugh: :laugh:

The hp is hp(i), so the power is the same as the orange saws.

I kinda like the orange better :msp_confused:

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Jonsered2260.png

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH BABY!

I knew they'd be coming, but not this soon. Although "Soon" for the US market might be a little optomistic. But to my knowledge, production of the 357/2156 chassis has stopped, so here in the US it will come down to what 2156/2159 inventory Tilton has in the pipeline in addition to how soon the US versions are actually available.

I could call and ask, but they hate to talk about new models until they actually arrive. Kind of a sound policy when you think about it, as it avoids all of the silly hype we've been going through with the 562.

I wonder which bar mount the 2260 will have? It would make it more interesting if the Jonny had the small mount, wouldn't it?

I wonder which bar mount the 2260 will have? It would make it more interesting if the Jonny had the small mount, wouldn't it?

My guess by now is the small, since they state the same weight for the 2260 and the 2258 - but then both could have the large.......:msp_confused:

I should also mention that 2159's are currently on backorder. I'm waiting for one for J.Walker.

That would mean that the last container or two that's due in the next week or so will likely be the last we'll see of the old models.................meaning that the 2258/2260 might not be that far away.

it looks some kinda NICE!!!!!!!:msp_drool:

Yeah, that black-and-red combination looks great, but the black cover can be a liability for those of us who cut when it's 100 degrees outside and the sun is beating down on the saw. The motor gets hot enough without a black solar collector on top. I used to have problems with my Jonsered 520sp overheating, but that may have had to do with problems other than the black lid. :(

My brother uses Jonsered saws, but he lives in western Norway. No problem with excessive heat in that climate! :laugh:

Doug

He said the forbidden words!

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!

Can't help it lol that one just doesn't do it for me. Then again, that's not a good angle to take a pic at, have to see some better shots!

Latest posts

Back