the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey.....

I always get confusilated with what works when you mix 3/8lp and normal 3/8.
Does a 3/8lp bar nose play nice with standard 3/8 chain? Both 050 of course.

Cheers bud - I was pretty sure the other way was a bit dodge. Reckon you even posted some pics once.

Some pretty reliable guys have said otherwise so it may just be the odd chain/bar nose incompatibility. I may even get some new photos up again. What some people class as OK may be different to what I class as OK.

Bunnings has some good gear but lots of cheap crap too. And now we have masters that's a hardware shop designed for Sheila's

Hmmm, no hardware stores here for women. Cannot see that surviving here. We have Home Depot and Lowes, national big box stores. We also have Coastal Farm and Ranch, more tailored to agriculture and farming. Then we have the newer and growing Harbor Freight chain, the low end of everything from China, for cheaper than cheap. Stuff from there generally breaks in a month or two, but I bought a splitting maul there last year that has held up splitting a few cords of rounds. We had a good chain here in the PNW called GI Joes, but they were forced out of business by the banks during the great recession.

No one wants to take responsibility for there own actions

Yah, we have armies of lawyers here that back that statement up in spades. I have many stories from being on the Ski Patrol. Fortunately here in this state they have strong Good Samaritan laws, so I am protected from law suits for giving first aid. Even then they threaten to sue all the time, even when we are risking our lives saving their forking lives. Its SOP here, and so bad we train regularly for it. Basically we train with someone with an pretend injury screaming their heads off in pain that they have a legal team at their disposal that will sue us into extinction.

Of course we have the law suits like the McDonalds hot coffee case, and the Blitz gas can case. Basically because stupid people are stupid and do stupid things, and then blame and sue anyone and everyone around them for what they do. For that reason I carry a half million liability rider on my home insurance here. In case some idiot drives through my fence and smacks their head on my porch or they cut one of my trees down and it falls on them and kills them.

Yah, we have armies of lawyers here that back that statement up in spades. I have many stories from being on the Ski Patrol. Fortunately here in this state they have strong Good Samaritan laws, so I am protected from law suits for giving first aid. Even then they threaten to sue all the time, even when we are risking our lives saving their forking lives. Its SOP here, and so bad we train regularly for it. Basically we train with someone with an pretend injury screaming their heads off in pain that they have a legal team at their disposal that will sue us into extinction.

Of course we have the law suits like the McDonalds hot coffee case, and the Blitz gas can case. Basically because stupid people are stupid and do stupid things, and then blame and sue anyone and everyone around them for what they do. For that reason I carry a half million liability rider on my home insurance here. In case some idiot drives through my fence and smacks their head on my porch or they cut one of my trees down and it falls on them and kills them.

its unbelievable where all this stuff is heading,,,, speaking insurance, I carry the mandatory 10 million public liability cover on my mill site to protect me from the unexpected chain of events that '' could'' happen.
I was advised to not allow the public to load their own fire wood from another saw miller near by. A kid climbed up on top of a big stack of mill waste because his father wanted a few big pieces which happened to be on top of the pile,,, long story short, the pile started to slide down taking the kid with it and he got some scratches and splinters, the father told the mill owner he should not stack the pile so high the stupid fool.

the other mill in question now has steel crates made up for different loads eg, 6x4 box trailer load, 1 ton tray load for 4x4's ect and is tipped by the mills loader by one of the employees. these are pre loaded ready for a customer.

Derwoody would know for sure but I bet the arborist guys carry 15 million or more to protect themselves when working in town and beside houses and roads.

Derwoody would know for sure but I bet the arborist guys carry 15 million or more to protect themselves when working in town and beside houses and roads.

for gubberment jobs more often $20mill public liability and $5 mill professional indemnity for if you are foolish enough to ever say that tree is "safe".. note always use weasel words dont give lock tight statements like its safe or no danger eg i saw no evidence the time to take action upon, I observed no predictable fault with my ground inspection ,,,...
Workcover, super, Vehicle plant cover rent rates bills and depending a % of total billing $ Bank guarantee that your money in their hands if you default or piss off with out finishing a job less your a sole trader is can decease a tad wot suck if you get named as a co defendant on any case and they typically a plaintiff claim will try to net as many hand as can yur up for $1000

for every buck earn't wipe 35 cents over heads and on costs 50 cents for wages so most tree company's are lucky to clear %10 to %15 margin its used to be %25 to %30 but overheads and tight prices find it easier to wonder why so much risk for basic wages

for gubberment jobs more often $20mill public liability and $5 mill professional indemnity for if you are foolish enough to ever say that tree is "safe".. note always use weasel words dont give lock tight statements like its safe or no danger eg i saw no evidence the time to take action upon, I observed no predictable fault with my ground inspection ,,,...
Workcover, super, Vehicle plant cover rent rates bills and depending a % of total billing $ Bank guarantee that your money in their hands if you default or piss off with out finishing a job less your a sole trader is can decease a tad wot suck if you get named as a co defendant on any case and they typically a plaintiff claim will try to net as many hand as can yur up for $1000

for every buck earn't wipe 35 cents over heads and on costs 50 cents for wages so most tree company's are lucky to clear %10 to %15 margin its used to be %25 to %30 but overheads and tight prices find it easier to wonder why so much risk for basic wages

Ile stick to turning spanners I think

I know a couple of pro arborists that have left the industry to join the mines simply because any hillbilly with a chainsaw can get the same level of insurance as them with absolutely no qualifications. They spent years perfecting their skills to be undercut in the real world by a couple of Tongans/Samoans with a 192T that are happy to work for $12 an hour.

I rest my case.

I know a couple of pro arborists that have left the industry to join the mines simply because any hillbilly with a chainsaw can get the same level of insurance as them with absolutely no qualifications. They spent years perfecting their skills to be undercut in the real world by a couple of Tongans/Samoans with a 192T that are happy to work for $12 an hour.

A lot of Tongans in the game here wonder what attracts them to it

Back