the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like some people are posting over there so must just be you? They should sort it out for you pronto if you get in touch.

crew discovered after about 2 weeks of use that their 231 c stihl will go much better if they had refitted the air filter back on carb after a field service :eek::oops::dumb:

i used it for a mo last week & wondered hmm why was poorly tuned but gave it less thought as i often give up on their saws as so crappy blunt and feel like been in saw whore house...

heres some pics of the project 266 I have for sale. NOT COMPLETE saw! asking $280, which might seem like a lot for a imcomplete saw, but most parts are brand new old stock and all parts are 100% genuine. IF one of you blokes wants to share it over on your FB page that would be sweet!

All NOS crank case, piston, cyinder + spare piston, fuel tank, carb mounting block, air filter elbow.

New NSK bearings, crank seals, o rings for oiler and sealing ring, gasket set, bolts through out, oil pick up hose and screen, AV mounts, fuel and oil caps, fuel line and filter.

excellent condition oiler (rebuilt) and flywheel. Carb fully rebuilt.

comes with genuine spare piston and one half of the 2 piece ignition (new genuine SEM)

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_7224.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_2688.jpg

IMG_9446.jpg

heres some pics of the project 266 I have for sale. NOT COMPLETE saw! asking $280, which might seem like a lot for a imcomplete saw, but most parts are brand new old stock and all parts are 100% genuine. IF one of you blokes wants to share it over on your FB page that would be sweet!

All NOS crank case, piston, cyinder + spare piston, fuel tank, carb mounting block, air filter elbow.

New NSK bearings, crank seals, o rings for oiler and sealing ring, gasket set, bolts through out, oil pick up hose and screen, AV mounts, fuel and oil caps, fuel line and filter.

comes with genuine spare piston and one half of the 2 piece ignition (new genuine SEM)

View attachment 550044

View attachment 550045

View attachment 550046
Shared it for you

View attachment 550048

View attachment 550051

View attachment 550049

View attachment 550053

View attachment 550054

View attachment 550044

View attachment 550045

View attachment 550046

View attachment 550048

View attachment 550051

View attachment 550049

View attachment 550053

View attachment 550054
gee im doing one up myself , pity i didnt have the cash

curious what year would that saw be? I spent 6 months hanging off one just like that in hmm 1984 it tried to bite me a few times but had the new fangle inertia brake system sure saved my skin

curious what year would that saw be? I spent 6 months hanging off one just like that in hmm 1984 it tried to bite me a few times but had the new fangle inertia brake system sure saved my skin

Its a early case for sure, the throttle linkage hole is a rectangle slot not round hole and 2 piece ignition. The fuel tank is later as it takes the newer fuel line. The pistons and cylinder are early as they are single ring full cirlce skirt.

im just luvin the simplicity of design that pull starter cord even i could replace easy a pie the rest is just keep it simple elegance on a friday avo id strip clean sharpen 3 or 4 of them ready for monday in a farm shed @ Point cook i'd struggle to stretch that time for 1 hour so we make sure the boss was away an **** off early.. :)

im just luvin the simplicity of design that pull starter cord even i could replace easy a pie the rest is just keep it simple elegance on a friday avo id strip clean sharpen 3 or 4 of them ready for monday in a farm shed @ Point cook i'd struggle to stretch that time for 1 hour so we make sure the boss was away an **** off early.. :)

yeah im a big fan of the 2 series saws. A combination of light weight, simplicity and good design. The 272 and 288 having good av and great filtration with the HD filters. Id love to make a 266 stock appearing alcohol saw. The combustion chamber in the 266 is tiny! much much smaller than the 272.

Not Sold yet Peter. I picked up most my parts years ago from Ebay USA. I was buying heaps of bits and pieces when the dollar was good. I couldnt be bothered selling all my parts so bit the bullet and built up complete saws.

False economy and I new id take a loss with buying all the little items to finish them off, but easier to sell. A bloke in Tassie just bought my 288, he will be VERY happy. The 266 is the only non complete saw I will sell

Not Sold yet Peter. I picked up most my parts years ago from Ebay USA. I was buying heaps of bits and pieces when the dollar was good. I couldnt be bothered selling all my parts so bit the bullet and built up complete saws.

False economy and I new id take a loss with buying all the little items to finish them off, but easier to sell. A bloke in Tassie just bought my 288, he will be VERY happy. The 266 is the only non complete saw I will sell
are the cylinders easy to come by , genuine not after market

heres my 266 SE
ready for the rebuild
and the bloody pull rope broke on first pull , hope this isnt the start of it giving me ****

Attachments

• 266 ,2.JPG
    266 ,2.JPG
    280 KB · Views: 20
  • 266 se.JPG
    266 se.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 266,3.JPG
    266,3.JPG
    248.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 266.jpg
    266.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 266,4.JPG
    266,4.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 17
Peter, if you pull it down, under the fly wheel, bolted to the case is a plastic "seal ring". The crank seal presses into it and it goes over the crank. It also has a O ring on the underside. Look after it, its NLA. O rings no problem, its the same as the large one on the oiler. Make sure you use washers under the 3 socket cap screws and dont over tighten. Looks like the old aluminium tank, Im gussing they take the old style fuel line as well. You probably have the coarse thread crank which requires a specific clutch also.

Back