The American Chainsaw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Van

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
I'm very patriotic. When you think American, it's apple pie, it's the 4th of July, it's cruising down the highway with the top down! I know we are talking chainsaws. But what saw companies screams Americana for you?

I've noticed, honestly, that the American saws just don't seem to cut the mustard. I love my Pro Mac, but they aren't the same saw company any more ( Japanese). It seems we as Americans trust the foreign saws more than the any others. Stilh, for example, is #1. I don't own one but would like too. What happened to the American saw companies???

What happened to the American saw companies, Poulan for one got bought by a Husqvarna, Mac went bankrupt and the name is owned by Husqvarna, Homelite, I think a Chinese company owns them now, Techtronic.

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Doesn't matter what happened after Textron, John Deere and TTI did what they did to the current Homelite line,
you still can't deny that an XL12 and it's Bazillion family members isn't as American as baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and nowadays, obesity.

[Sorry you Chevrolet fans..... Just because some ad executive put it in a catchy commercial doesn't mean it's true]

I ad a Roper once. That is American, right? Lol. I'm just saying, if you buy a new saw what are we getting? Something foreign.

Latest posts

Back