The Authentic Skull Bucket is back in full production!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skull Bucket

ArbotistSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
The Authentic Skull Bucket is back in full production! We are introducing the new Skull Bucket aluminum hard hats with our logo embossed on the back. Look for them at retail locations like Harbor Saw, Cowlitz River Rigging, Service Saw or online at www.tasco-safety.com and www.americangloveco.com along with many others. We will continue the original vision of Skull Bucket by providing the highest quality aluminum hard hats on the market. Visit us at www.Skullbucket.com

Skull Buckets.jpg

The Authentic Skull Bucket is back in full production! We are introducing the new Skull Bucket aluminum hard hats with our logo embossed on the back. Look for them at retail locations like Harbor Saw, Cowlitz River Rigging, Service Saw or online at www.tasco-safety.com and www.americangloveco.com along with many others. We will continue the original vision of Skull Bucket by providing the highest quality aluminum hard hats on the market. Visit us at www.Skullbucket.com

View attachment 493085
Do the hats still have the stamped Skull Bucket name on the underside of the Brim?

Do the hats still have the stamped Skull Bucket

We did not stamp the Skull Bucket name into the underside front of these hats. If our customers want to keep the Skull Bucket name stamped into that location we can do that. There are a couple of reason we did not stamp the Skull Bucket there. One we found that when we powder coated the hats it practically filled in all of the information required by ANSI, including the name. We are doing all of the powder coating in our shop. This means our customers will get a very high quality and most importantly the most protective coating possible. When powder is applied, heated and it flows out it fills in the writing so much you can't tell it was ever stamped. To remain in compliance with the ANSI Z89.1-2014 standard for Industrial Head Protection we included the Skull Bucket name on the inside warning label. Both ISEA/ANSI and the Federal Trade Commission require that the manufacture bear permanent markings of the name or identifying mark of the company. Since we could not guarantee the end user would have the ability to see the stamped Skull Bucket name under the brim we decided to use an embossed SB logo that is a registered trademark of Skull Bucket. The exact requirement reads as follows: Each helmet shall bear permanent markings in at least 1.5 mm (0.06 in.) high letters stating the following information: a. Name or identification mark of the manufacturer. There are other requirements in this section such as manufacture date and ANSI Class. We put all of that information on the warning label inside the hat along with a unique lot number for us to be in compliance with our ISO 9001 requirements. ANSI makes if very clear their compliance requirements: 2 Compliance Any statement(s) of compliance with this standard shall mean that the product meets all applicable performance and labeling requirements for the Type and Class. It is specifically intended that partial utilization of this standard is prohibited.

Every Skull Bucket aluminum hard hat that leaves our facilities has been independently tested for compliance to the most current version of the ANSI Z89.1 standard. We take this statement very seriously. The authentic Skull Bucket is the only ANSI complaint aluminum hard hat on the market! Get the Original, Get the Best!

just a dumb question... (i'm full of em...)

Is it possible for a company, that is not a retailer, say a logging company or mining company to purchase a few hats at a factory direct discount?

Maybe a bulk discount, for larger companies?

Would save money on the mandatory issuing of hats to new hires... rather then making the individual purchase their own....

just a dumb question... (i'm full of em...)

Is it possible for a company, that is not a retailer, say a logging company or mining company to purchase a few hats at a factory direct discount?

Maybe a bulk discount, for larger companies?

Would save money on the mandatory issuing of hats to new hires... rather then making the individual purchase their own....
We sell our hats through a dealer network. It's important that we keep that relationship in place for best business practices. Our dealers showcase our products in the retail locations and/or on their webpage which gives us exposure. They work hard to feature our products and by selling direct we take away from their efforts. We do have dealers that you can work with, based on volume, to get the very best pricing available. I would be more than happy to help you with this if needed.

Along the same lines: you should become a GSA vendor to direct-sell to government agencies. Hit me up if you want information on how to do that.
I have looked into the GSA in the past as we have had inquiries from two branches of the military. It is something we are interested just haven't pursued to date.

I'd be great if you could bring the production of these back on-shore to the good Ol' US of A.
We are trying! This has been our goal from the beginning. We are currently exploring a partnership with a company here in the USA to do some of the forming work for us. All of the hats that come in colors are powder coated here in our Texas facilities, inspected, labels applied in accordance with the ANSI standard and packaged by hand to guarantee the highest quality possible. You may have seen the new Bucket-Strap suspensions designed for use only with the Skull Bucket brand aluminum hard hats. This was the result of studying the previous suspension only to realize it doesn't rise to the level of quality that we demand. We found out, through independent lab testing that the previous swing style suspension offered will not pass the ANSI required testing. Safety is our first priority! I made the decision to hold up the release of new Skull Bucket hard hats until we could design and test a new suspension. I think our team did an outstanding job on this project and we now have a suspension that not only will pass the testing but is the highest quality. We have several new ideas and will continue to produce quality products at the very best price point we can. Support from folks like yourself is what will make us successful and in turn bring us closer to our goal of producing all of our products in the US.

How about a hat fer the tree climber folks, something with a chin strap? And possibley a built in go-pro mount?

Since it would be marketed directly for Arborists you could charge like $300 and them guys would probably buy em by the bucket load... pun possibly intended?

How about a hat fer the tree climber folks, something with a chin strap? And possibley a built in go-pro mount?

Since it would be marketed directly for Arborists you could charge like $300 and them guys would probably buy em by the bucket load... pun possibly intended?
IMG_5483 (1).jpg

How does this look for an Arborist chin strap? I'll have to do some thinking and design on the gopro mount. If it can be done we will make it happen.

Skull Bucket : You've mentioned a few times of the Labeling for the powder coated hats. Are those labels riveted aluminum or a stick-on decal types, or both? o_O

Skull Bucket : You've mentioned a few times of the Labeling for the powder coated hats. Are those labels riveted aluminum or a stick-on decal types, or both? o_O
Every Skull Bucket brand aluminum hard hat, regardless if they are powder coated or uncoated aluminum, will have a permanent decal on the inside in accordance with the ANSI requirements.

As stated by ISEA/ANSI Z89.1 Standard for Industrial Head Protection:
6.2 Each helmet shall bear permanent markings in at least 1.5 mm (0.06 in.) high letters stating the following information:
a. Name or identification mark of the manufacturer.
b. The date of manufacture.
c. The American National Standard designation, ANSI/ISEA Z89.1-2014.
d. The applicable Type and Class designations, followed by applicable optional criteria markings;
e. The approximate headsize range (see Table 2).

The ANSI standard is very specific as to what is required to be compliant. We have taken the time and made the monetary investment to confirm our compliance through independent lab testing. We will always emphasize that safety is our first priority! Skull Bucket can proudly say that we are the only ANSI compliant aluminum hard hat on the market! Get the Original, Get the Best!

Just ordered one of these from Cowlitz Rigging. It was an interesting conversation. If some new OSHA side impact requirements go into place, that will likely be the end of full-brimmed hard hats. I don't need a new lid, but figured I'd get one for the sake of it.

I'm hoping this is a bit cooler to wear than my MSA fiberglass hard hat.

That'll make a lot of people very unhappy. OSHA can't regulate rain and debris.

Right now, that's scuttlebutt talk with the counter guy, so take it with some salt. Unfortunately I believe it based on what I've seen internationally with chinstraps and weird hard hat designs. If OSHA aligns its regs with CE then it will be yet another rule for people to ignore.

I'm an office rat by day, so I'm not affected, just figured I'd share.

Back