The Black Coffin

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackCoffin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This is my baby, been working on it for 3 years now. Was driving it until I cracked a head last June and am waiting to buy new heads and freshen up the engine with rings and bearings.

1988 S10 with 377 SBC, TH350 tranny built by Jakes Performance in Texas, 4" aluminum driveline and narrowed Ford 9" with a mini spool. Converted the 9" from drums to 12" Wilwood disc brakes. Gutted the entire truck and installed a Painless Performance switch panel and fuse box. 8 point tig welded roll cage and lexan rear window. Engine made 550hp on the dyno. I'm hoping the next setup will get me to 600hp and I'll be spraying a 200 shot of nitrous on top of it.
IMG_5732.JPG
IMG_6359.JPG
IMG_1195.JPG
IMG_2117.JPG
IMG_2303.JPG
IMG_2560.JPG

Are you sure it's a cracked head? I've had a couple of 400 blocks crack in the bore on me back when I ran a 377s.
At any rate you are in luck if it is a cracked head since aluminum is relatively easy too repair.

Are you sure it's a cracked head? I've had a couple of 400 blocks crack in the bore on me back when I ran a 377s.
At any rate you are in luck if it is a cracked head since aluminum is relatively easy too repair.
Yeah it cracked between cylinders 1/3 by the outer head bolts. I am waiting for the block to crack though! They're Canfield 220's which sounds like s common problem running high cylinder pressures. 13:1 compression and 200psi cranking compression. They're good heads but an older casting. Going to get AFR 220's or ported Brodix dragonslayer 235's. 25-35cfm increase in airflow which should be good for at least 1hp/cfm.

Back