The Breakfast Thread - morning chow call, brunch n beyond! ~

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe this goes on here, I don't know.

Anyway, just scored some organic milk to make my own cottage cheese with, and some organic cream to make butter with. Then I'm going to turn the butter into ghee. I've seen organic ghee sell for $8 for a little jar. Will be interesting to see how much I get for my $5 worth of cream.

That's going to be my Sunday morning project. :)

Well, that was easy. And kind of fun. :)

Used about 350ml (1/3 quart) of the cream to make the butter. Took about five-minutes of serious shaking to get to the butter stage. Drain off the buttermilk (which goes into today's banana bread), pour in a few ounces of ice water and shake for another thirty seconds, drain, and done. The ice water - it is said - forces out the last of the buttermilk from the ball of butter and condences the butter into a ball a bit better. Going to have to buy more cream to make enough butter to make it worthwhile to make ghee.

Making the cottage cheese is next, but I forgot to get cheesecloth. Back to the store.

The butter in the pic (beside the buttermilk) is about $4 worth. Not cheap, but it's organic and fresh and freaking good on toast. :yes:

IMG_20160501_085206_zpsui4vx0wn.jpg

IMG_20160501_085430_zpsfj96kejs.jpg

Used about 350ml (1/3 quart) of the cream to make the butter. Took about five-minutes of serious shaking to get to the butter stage. Drain off the buttermilk (which goes into today's banana bread), pour in a few ounces of ice water and shake for another thirty seconds, drain, and done. The ice water - it is said - forces out the last of the buttermilk from the ball of butter and condences the butter into a ball a bit better. Going to have to buy more cream to make enough butter to make it worthwhile to make ghee.

Making the cottage cheese is next, but I forgot to get cheesecloth. Back to the store.

The butter in the pic (beside the buttermilk) is about $4 worth. Not cheap, but it's organic and fresh and freaking good on toast. :yes:

OMG, such a delightful repast!!!!:baba: :baba: :baba:

Excellent! :)

Have to admit, though, I prefer mine cold. For me all desserts are best when cold, including cookies, whch should be kept in the fridge.

each to their own, but actually... biologically speaking... all desserts are best when warm or warming... u see... it's a proven scientific fact. taste - flavors are converted to voltage by the tongue. it sends the signals to brain... ie ice cream. hard ice cream not quite as flavorful as that which has been say, on pie ala mode and melted, sofetened somewhat... ie, more volts! :)

well... finally made it over here, was in the area in any event. pretty cool project. looks like it turned out great... appears u r quite the dailry chef! ~ :) enjoyed the foto essay, I have made homemade butta' before. well, once.

very nice!!! there are many kinds of chefs... saucier chef, salad chef, tableside chef, pastry chef, baking chef, dessert chef, head chef, Master Chef... lots! I din know there was a dairy chef, too!

dairy chef: makes his own butta'... and related items.

very nice!!! there are many kinds of chefs... saucier chef, salad chef, tableside chef, pastry chef, baking chef, dessert chef, head chef, Master Chef... lots! I din know there was a dairy chef, too!

dairy chef: makes his own butta'... and related items.

I :heart: cows. :)

Going to make more Paneer cheese tomorrow. Easiest thing in the world, but you have to let is sit for a good three-hours to take shape. Too late to do it in time for dinner tonight.

Latest posts

Back