The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive smadhed mine 2 or 3 times now between the winch and an incoming log, ran it over at least once, ported the snot out of it, ran it extra lean for 2 years until i got the correct carb... still runs

I ran it out of gas monday and just assumed it had finally died.... threw it at the crummy... added gas still runs like a champ

Can't say mine has seen as much abuse, Northman, but It does go to show Stihl might have hit on something with the 260, haha. Maybe thinking about swapping to a 362, though. Or maybe just buying it outright, and keeping the 260 anyways :)

Could be Skeans. I've honestly been wanting to upgrade to a 60cc class saw for my general use saw. Sometimes I feel like the 50ish cc's the 260 has isn't enough for me, especially with an 18" bar.

717760163023d33f9805b1aba5b5d8f4.jpg

The new crummy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

We are really far behind on trucking right now. Getting to be over 6 thousand tons decked. Not sure if there are many folks from the UP or northeastern Wisconsin around, but if there is available trucks send me a pm. Getting to the point where it will be tight to get caught up before breakup.

A good part of the guys here ditch the loggers and go storming in the south for a good part of the winter. Just can't seem to catch anyone available. Know anyone @SliverPicker?
Check your PMs.

I would stay FAR away from the 362s. Read my review. Stihl officially has still not resolved the issues. After roughly 17 months they just replaced my computerized 362 with a non computerized version. Customer service from the manufacturer has been worse than you could possibly imagine.

I will never again buy anything that says STIHL on the side.

I would stay FAR away from the 362s. Read my review. Stihl officially has still not resolved the issues. After roughly 17 months they just replaced my computerized 362 with a non computerized version. Customer service from the manufacturer has been worse than you could possibly imagine.

I will never again buy anything that says STIHL on the side.
The same sized saw I've had the 562 for a few years running a 32" bar never had a lick of issues only complaint is the Dawgs on the W from day one.

Yeah, I liked the one I ran a few weeks ago (when it oiled), but I honestly think I'm leaning Husky. Their contractor lineup of saws looks decent enough. Idk, we'll see.

Yeah, I liked the one I ran a few weeks ago (when it oiled), but I honestly think I'm leaning Husky. Their contractor lineup of saws looks decent enough. Idk, we'll see.
You looking at the 555 if so we have one it's been a great replacement to our 357's we had before.

Skeans, if I did go with the contractor lineup, I'd probably go with a 70cc saw. I still don't know about the whole 60cc saw thing. We'll see. I've got a great saw shop 10 minutes away (Terry Landrum's shop, Wicked Work Saw) so I'd have good dealer support. Maybe I'll run by and ask his opinions on the matter when I'm ready to buy.

Skeans, if I did go with the contractor lineup, I'd probably go with a 70cc saw. I still don't know about the whole 60cc saw thing. We'll see. I've got a great saw shop 10 minutes away (Terry Landrum's shop, Wicked Work Saw) so I'd have good dealer support. Maybe I'll run by and ask his opinions on the matter when I'm ready to buy.

Terry is a good choice. He won't steer you wrong or try to sell you something you don't need.

say what you will about ford, they have almost always got me home

well twice I've needed a tow, once cause the rod that had been knocking for 3 years let go at around 80mph

and the dumper truck when the tranny died, though I would argue it would have made it home, if i wasn't concerned about traffic, 1st gear for 12 miles isn't like a horrible idea...

Anyway, the horrible banging got lots worse today, even had one of the self loader jockeys call and ask if i made it off the island... (actually I wen't and made a 3rd run...)

So's i get homes, and drop the drain plug on the rear end... and this plops out, theres more in there, but I need to find a new diff... so until then...

20170425_171514_1493165770882.jpg

there are tons of em, just a matter of convincing the yards to pull it for me, or that they infact do have one... in an international or chevy or dodge... or a 85' they is kinda dumb around here.

i don't care about gear ratio, as long as the bastard fits and goes zoom when i'm done with it.

its like the clark trans escapade, every yard has 17 trucks with a trans or diff that will work, but it doesn't fit their narrow window of knowledge so... "we aint got none" is the standard answer.

there are tons of em, just a matter of convincing the yards to pull it for me, or that they infact do have one... in an international or chevy or dodge... or a 85' they is kinda dumb around here.

i don't care about gear ratio, as long as the bastard fits and goes zoom when i'm done with it.

its like the clark trans escapade, every yard has 17 trucks with a trans or diff that will work, but it doesn't fit their narrow window of knowledge so... "we aint got none" is the standard answer.
All it takes is one pissed off customer to come back on you because something doesn't fit to do that.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back