The Fire Pit Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. Post progress pics!

They have upgraded our chance of rain to 100 percent by 6 pm. Looks like I'll be cooking early.
Same thing here as well for the last two weeks. Been so hot, you can set your watch by the late afternoon/evening, little thunderstorm. It's a guarantee.

Guys, this does constitute a fire pit post, lol , 'cause I threw some hardwood coals from my fire pit into the grill with the Kingsford...for the leg qtrs. But ya know something...ain't nothing like a good ol relaxing afternoon with a cold one, grill going, listening to tunes. My preference today is as follows...Marshall Tucker Band and Atlanta Rhythm Section.

Happy grillin and cookin folks.

At 4:30 I was informed that we were out of potatoes!!! I seasoned up some burgers, wrapped corn in foil( butter, salt,pepper,), and fried up onion slabs in butter with salt, pepper,and garlic powder. Onion potatoes tomorrow night I geuss. I am still gonna pout some more about not having potatoes and make the wife feel guilty about it

Reggie, a Swedish candle is easy. You make chain saw cuts from the top down in a log that is standing on its end. You can see them in that picture. Then you add small starter materials to the center where all of the cuts intersect and light them. Because the heat has no place to escape, the fire soon starts to burn into the log itself and looks just like that picture. Note, rip cuts in a log can dull a chain fast. You definitely want to start with a nice dry round of firewood.

Latest posts

Back