The Fire Pit Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way back on the first page of this thread I shared a picture of my son and I building this basic fire pit in the woods where I usually cut, split, and haul my firewood. About time I got back here with an actual "fruits of our labor" picture - eating a couple fine tasting hot dogs.

View attachment 482669
Good deal...

We had an absolute blast last night. Between cold weather and kids sports schedules we haven't gotten together as a group since Halloween. The girls (well wives actually) got into my Reyka vodka and Kracken rum (which I hadn't tried) and enjoyed it. Tried a little this morning and I agree it's quite good.

Rumor has it the girls played truth or dare after the guys went to bed which turned into a discussion of which person in the neighborhood would you sleep with. Interesting that women can have that discussion openly but guys shouldn't lol.

We had an absolute blast last night. Between cold weather and kids sports schedules we haven't gotten together as a group since Halloween. The girls (well wives actually) got into my Reyka vodka and Kracken rum (which I hadn't tried) and enjoyed it. Tried a little this morning and I agree it's quite good.

Rumor has it the girls played truth or dare after the guys went to bed which turned into a discussion of which person in the neighborhood would you sleep with. Interesting that women can have that discussion openly but guys shouldn't lol.
...ain't that the damn truth!! Funny how it works ain't it?

We have 4 or 5 different pits around the place. A couple for just campfires, one for cooking while people are camping here in the summer, one just for slow cooking chicken halves (did 50 halves last 4th of July). Most of my pics are on my phone, but here's one of a little pit up in the edge of my woods, with my lab (RIP) and can of beans n all.
image.jpeg

My smoker with 2 butts on it last 4th of July at 2am. Didn't get much sleep that night...
image.jpeg

And finally, my temporary chicken pits. Those stainless grates spin 360 degrees making it easy-peasy to drink beer and tend chickens. Did 50 halves last 4th of July, all on charcoal and small sugar maple splits. It was some of the best chicken I ever had.
image.jpeg

Back