The Fire Pit Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see this thread getting some hits here lately and cranking back up. I'm sure come this fall/winter we'll be wearing this one out again...and looking forward to doing my share. Good pics fellas...nothin' like a little outside fire rollin'.

0ab8940e03a6440ac5f4c71c45cc5939.jpg
d52df71ad339295f9d3f4ae8dad11590.jpg

Just getting started, brand new pit as of 1 1/2 weeks ago. I got it sealed up Friday and had the first fire that night. I have to finish the landscaping around it and obviously pick out what blocks I'm going to use. I had extras of these and wanted to mock it up.
I also have plans for a removable stainless cooking grate. I just have to dig the material out of my shop and put it together. The lady and I are pretty excited we enjoy sitting at the fire!

0ab8940e03a6440ac5f4c71c45cc5939.jpg
d52df71ad339295f9d3f4ae8dad11590.jpg

Just getting started, brand new pit as of 1 1/2 weeks ago. I got it sealed up Friday and had the first fire that night. I have to finish the landscaping around it and obviously pick out what blocks I'm going to use. I had extras of these and wanted to mock it up.
I also have plans for a removable stainless cooking grate. I just have to dig the material out of my shop and put it together. The lady and I are pretty excited we enjoy sitting at the fire!
Nice Woody!! That's gonna be one helluva pit when you're done with it...looking good man!!

That's going to be a beautiful pit Woody. I have one question. Are you going to put sand between the ring and the block as a heat buffer? Or will the air gap be enough to keep from cracking the block? I just got a bunch of those blocks and am going to redo my pit and would prefer to not crack them up in one season. Thought sand would dampen the heat to them.

That's going to be a beautiful pit Woody. I have one question. Are you going to put sand between the ring and the block as a heat buffer? Or will the air gap be enough to keep from cracking the block? I just got a bunch of those blocks and am going to redo my pit and would prefer to not crack them up in one season. Thought sand would dampen the heat to them.
Thanks a lot!
I'm planning on using small stone in between, sand would probably work better to keep from heating up the blocks but I want to make sure the moisture drains out to keep from rotting the ring.
What type of rim are you using for the fire ring?
I like it!
It's actually just a 3' piece of 1/4" pipe with a flange welded on that I pulled out of the scrap dumpster on a job I was on a few years back.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back