The Fire Pit Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying my best to burn up the last of the boxelder. I'm never taking BE for fire pit wood again. This stuff smells like sour owl crap LOL.

View attachment 582030
Yep it sucks and don't split for ****. Also attracting lots of bugs while it sits. I think I burnt the last 3 or 4 foot logs yesterday to burn my pine stump to ash. Done with un split silver maple too. If it don't get split it gets punky nasty

Another cool night by the fire with a cooler full of beer [emoji1]
5e6e545dd971b5e1f7d6da9b61cb6d81.jpg

Trying my best to burn up the last of the boxelder. I'm never taking BE for fire pit wood again. This stuff smells like sour owl crap LOL.
it doesnt make too bad of a firewood in a stove though. burns fast and lights easy but its great for lighting hardwoods that may be less than perfectly seasoned. i like it for mixing in a first lighting for the stove. after you have a good bed of coals it burns too fast

it doesnt make too bad of a firewood in a stove though. burns fast and lights easy but its great for lighting hardwoods that may be less than perfectly seasoned. i like it for mixing in a first lighting for the stove. after you have a good bed of coals it burns too fast
I'd definitely burn it in a stove if it was free and easy to obtain. But it stinks as a fire pit fuel.

I built the camp fire on top of an old Oak stump at hunting camp one year. A couple days later, just before leaving, I saw smoke coming out of the ground 15-20 feet from the fire. Was burning the roots out. Lucky I had a 55 gallon barrel of water, Must have got it, the trailer is still there, Joe.

Back