The Fire Pit Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a fire pit back at (in) the woods. Guess I never took pics other than at one of our chainsaw GTG's. Have a good supply of firewood there also, but at this GTG we were just burning "cookies". :D Does make a great place to hang out in the evening and drink some cold ones, and burn some wieners over the fire.

Have a picnic table that stays back there also. Only down side is keeping it cleaned up from leaves. Havn't done that yet this year. Not being close to the house, ya have to haul stuff with you, or make a bunch of trips to get something. LOL

DSCF2014_zpsbfaubmlx.jpg

PoulanGTG%20024_zps0f3hwoie.jpg

PoulanGTG%20032_zpsavakns3t.jpg

Gregg,

Shared a fire with parents of my kid's friends tonight. Amongst other small world occurrences, found a fellow who graduated from the same college as me (3 hours from here), the same year, the same major and we never met each other. Had many things to reconnect on despite never meeting each other before. He's also my daughter's soccer coach. Really small world.

Good music tonight too. Started off on YouTube searching George Strait. The last song playing has lyrics of: "with a load of iron ore weighing 26 thousand tons more...." Anyone recognize the tune?

Concrete patio about 22 feet across, with a 2' firebrick pit in the middle. Hole in the bottom to let rainwater drain out. Bin for wood with a shelf for roasting forks, tiki torch fuel, kindling, lighter, paper, etc.
Arbor nearby with flowering vines on it, big trees all around. Heaven!

IMG_9821.JPG IMG_9822.JPG

Concrete patio about 22 feet across, with a 2' firebrick pit in the middle. Hole in the bottom to let rainwater drain out. Bin for wood with a shelf for roasting forks, tiki torch fuel, kindling, lighter, paper, etc.
Arbor nearby with flowering vines on it, big trees all around. Heaven!

View attachment 422942 View attachment 422943
@unclemoutache , can you post a pic of your wood bin at your firepit area taken in the daylight? Would like to get a better view of it. Thanks, Erik B

Latest posts

Back