The Fire Pit Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...got a little pit action goin on here, just me and my newly acquired female dog. My daughter, 16, had a friend in school and her parents are both active duty AF...she was offered the dog and took her. She's a lemon pointer mix, smart as hell. Will sit, shake both front paws, lay down, roll over, etc. It's amazing to watch her in my backyard goin after squirrels, chipmunks, doves, birds, etc. She's a great dog. With my daughters regimen in HS sports, she really had no business takin the dog...but it sure has been a blessing on my end. She's about two yrs old, one helluva dog. I'll try to take and put up some pics. Hope everyone has a nice, kickback evening.

Good dogs are a blessing to have around, I would love to get one but my current situation just wouldn't be fair to the dog.
...exactly why I took her. My daughter keeps me leaned out, as a junior in HS playing softball, volleyball, and basketball. The little gal was stayin in a 2x4 foot crate while she and her mother was at school/work. She cuts loose now, like a dog oughta. She roams my privacy fenced back yard and she loves it. I'm happy as hell with her, she's a really good dog.

So...if anyone is looking for a reasonably priced metal firepit I would strongly recommend the "Better Homes and Gardens" ($50) over the Walmart brand ($30). I have both as of today when I bought the cheapie for our cabin. I would have returned it for the BH&G model but I ended up putting it together in the rain and we have guests coming soon.

image.jpg
Upside down it sort of reminds me of a flattened version of one of the hard hats the west coast boys wear. :)
image.jpg

My dad has an old washer tub for a fire pit and it works awesome with all the holes in it to draw air and it looks cool at night. I'll take a pic next time i go over there

Dang it! Had the ole firepit fired up last night at my lil bros 40th Bday party, forgot to get pics! Oh well, it's just a rusty old tractor wheel held off the ground by 3 or 4 bricks, nothing fancy or special to look at.
Some marshmallows sacrificed their lives in the name of smores...:yes: (HA, spell check doesn't like the word smores!)

Hey folks. Memorial Day wknd and we're all grillin, got 4 grills goin here, half chickens, leg qtrs, ribs, Boston butts...drinking cold ones, take a power nap when necessary, repeat the same. Been at it since Fri night. Hope you folks are having a great wknd with family, friends.

Take a moment of time, thank our fallen brothers/sisters who served...thank our current force who serves us now. Freedom has never been free, nor will it ever be. I wish everyone peace and health this Memorial Day. Semper Fi.

Back