The Lewis Brander Collection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Replies to PM's:

I got a PM today and tried to reply, both by sending a PM and an email reply, but get a box telling me I'm not logged in. Hoss if you see this you'll understand why I haven't replied. I've spent the last hour trying to send you a reply, both by PM and Email, but get a box telling me I'm not logged in. Be patient I'll eventually get you a reply. Take care. Lewis Brander.

Parts on there way:

Well, the parts I needed for the Homelite 17L and the McCullochc 4-30 are on there way. I was afraid a fuel pump valve ass'y for the 4-30 McCulloch would not be found, but one is coming. Will post some pics of the saws running soon I hope, take care. Lewis Brander

Update:

Well, the parts came for the Honelite 17L and the Mac 4-30. they are all back together and hope to fuel them up and start them once the weather warms up a bit. Hope to post pics of the running saws. Got a Mall OMG, she stuck and will need other work and parts. Hope to get her running at some time also. Lewis.

I would like to bless lewis, I have never ever seen some one do such a alsome job on stuff. I would like to ask all of you guys if they ever made a rotory engine chain saw, Like a wankle rotory engine or want ever they call them. Just for kicks.

Blessings?

Hello MS-310. Blessings? I look at it this way: God put me on this world to accomplish certain number of things. RIGHT NOW, I'm so far behind, I'll never die. Besides the lord forgot me and the devil doesn't want me, besides there's tons of saws out there to do. Thanks for the compliment. I try to make my saws run and look as good as I can. They may not be perfect, but close enough for who there for. I enjoy it and it gives me something to do. As far as rotory engines go, I, like everyone else, would like a KMS-4 saw, but haven't run across one as yet and they are fairly High Priced. I would think that others have tried to make rotory powered saws from rotory car engines. But don't think it ever caught on, for what ever reason. Thanks for the comments. You take care. Lewis Brander.

Birthday wish:

Hello Trinity and everyone on AS for the birthday wish. Almost had the perfect birthday present, but it arrived 3 days early. We've been blessed with our first grand daughter. My stepson Jason and daughter in law Jill had a baby girl. Name Azarya Jae Mereau, born 2/7/06 at 8:55 PM, weight 8 lbs 7 oz and length 19 1/2 ", full head of hair and boy does she have a temper. Doesn't like her diapers changed at all. There was some problems and she was delivered by C Section, but mother and baby are doing just fine. They brought the baby to the nursery after delivery and the tears just started flowing while I was taking pictures. I finally calmed down. I'll see if I can post a pic or 2. Mom and baby came home from the hospital yesterday. Mom couldn't wait to get some needed sleep in her own house and bed. Jason , the father, is slowly getting over his fear of holding the baby. He's afraid that he's going to break her or something and boy does she like to sleep on daddy's chest. Here is a pic. Again thanks for the birthday wishes. Lewis Brander. Note for now. Tried to upload pics, but will not work for me, so I'll use photobucket to post them, once I get them on there and link them back to this site. Lewis.

Here are some pics of the new Baby:

First pic is taken in the nursery as she was brought down from delivery.
JayJillandAzarya016.jpg

Second piic is of proud Papa, Grandma and baby.
JayJillandAzarya023.jpg

Third pic is of the new baby all dressed up.
JayJillandAzarya024.jpg

Fourth pic is of Dad, Mom and baby.
JayJillandAzarya027.jpg

Held a kid or 2.

Hello Paul. I've held a few babys in my time, but never had kids of my own. Never had to change any diapers as yet, but always the first time. Holly and I will be baby sitting when the proud parents go back to work. Sort of looking forward to it. I'll probably be as nervous as the new father. Lewis.

Congratulations Lewis, and best wishes to your family on the new addition.

A happy birthday wish thrown in there also.
:)

To Datatwins;

Good to hear from you and thanks for the kind words. As of now all is going fine with the new baby. Saw her tonight and she's doing great at home with her parents, who are more nervous than she is. They may stop in this weekend if the weather isn't too cold. I'm at present, printing off a bunch of digital pics I took for her baby alblum and grandma. OK talk later. You take care. Lewis.

Lewis you are the man and happy birthday , for a second I was thinking you had another child you just near know with these guys that collect chainsaws:blob2:

Ya never Know..........

Hello Ed. Right, you never know, but at this late stage in my life, I'd probably shoot myself. I don't pretend to be dead yet and last I knew I wasn't shooting any blanks, so I guess you never know what could still happen. No never had any children of my own, but will enjoy this one. My wife has 2 other grand children that we visit in NM or they have visited here. They are around 12 and 6 yrs old, both boys. This one is about 6 blocks away and I suppose she'll be spoiled rotten. Will be interesting seeing her grow up. Talk later. Lewis.

Lewis my Mother had 20 brother and sisters , some are gone now but I think my Grandfather was in his early 60's when he made the last one, my mother's real mother died young and when he married his second wife she was alot younger than him so maybe that is why so many kidds

ehp said:
Lewis my Mother had 20 brother and sisters , some are gone now but I think my Grandfather was in his early 60's when he made the last one, my mother's real mother died young and when he married his second wife she was alot younger than him so maybe that is why so many kidds

Ed, honey, it also speaks volumes about your grandfather's (ahem!) appetites... her age might've allowed more time to crank out more kiddies, but grandpa had to get them started... ......................

ya I can remember my Grandmother telling me that they had a bed waiting for her every 9 months and a couple weeks, I think she was justy joking about the time frame but boy they were not that far apart, I have 2 uncles younger than me .
Strange thing is none of her brothers and sisters had very many kidds of there own, most had 1 or 2 kidds some had none.

Lewis do you think you can make it to Jeff's GTG ?

Hello Ed:

My grandmother on my mother's side had 14 kids total and my grandfather died in a car accident at age 40. They were married when she was 15, he was 16. On my father's side his parents only had 2 boys, go figure. There is a familly here that had a total of 24 kids total. If i figured it right, can you imagine a woman carrying a child around for 18 years of your life. I wouldn't ask my wife to do such a thing. She'd have me shot first. She had 2 children and that was enough for her. Heck, I was married (first time around) for 25 years and no children. My first wife had a miscarrage and that ended her trying for more kids. My present wife had 2 kids in her firsst marrage and that was enough for her. Guess years ago they had big families, for what reason I don't want to know. Maybe they were looking for more help on the farm. My parents had 4 kids. My younger brother had 1 kid of his own. My youngest brother had 2 and my sister had 2. In today's economy I don't know how anyone could afford to raise more.

For now I'll have to pass on going to the GTG. Got too many irons in the fire so to speak, along with planning to go to Alburquerque, NM for my step daughters graduation from the University of NM. It will be great to see the other grand children again this year. For now take care. Lewis.

Lewis my Mother's parents were also very young, he was 15 years old and she was 13 years old when married I know that is way to young for me to think about and I think he needed to take up a new sport like chasing parked cars

Back