The made in north america Old Magnesium Swap Meet.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possibly- I've got lots of 045/056 stuff.

'Preciate the response. The verdict will be in tomorrow on the bottom end condition of an 045 I'm tasked with trying to revive. Sounds and feels like big end failure with who knows what else is rattling around in there. I'll follow up with what I find before asking you to do any parts digging.

Bottom end turned out to be tight (aside from needing seals and case gasket). The chatter I was hearing while rocking the crank back and forth with the piston at TDC seems to have been related to some pretty severe piston skirt slop as evidenced by the wear on the lower end of the cylinder (and piston). A top end and seals/case gasket should get it back up and running.

Sure do appreciate the consideration, tho. Thanks.

Need coil for Homelite XL-100 series, Remington SL-9, 10, 14 and 16, or john Deere equivalent.
Got trade fodder or green stuff

Whenever I can get to them I'll look thru my medium size Remy stuff.

But, I'll need two myself for the SL-5R and a GL-7 project saws.

Stuff is still buried behind the daughter's garage sale junk. Under the dead '40 Ford project. (Small saws fit under there really well)

I am in need of a Wico coil for a Remington SL-9 type or Homelite XL-101 type.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428571725.687076.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428571740.524667.jpg

The 3/8" square hole fits the pole piece on the Bendix-Scintilla mags on Remington Logmaster types.

Replacing the wasted coils on two I have here.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428571979.495073.jpg
I have one in progress but need one more.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428572024.734775.jpg

Have stuff to trade or?

Homelite coil in place. The spring clips are a ***** to get back on.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428681068.832909.jpg

Edit: had to redo the ground wire as it was not in a happy place. Ran it out the front as it would interfear with the magnet wheel.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428682719.506046.jpg
Another bout with the freakin clips.[emoji16]

Latest posts

Back