The MS661 is for sale in the US again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a month or so.. I kill tree's professionally. I only have 4 tanks thru it as its been a pain in the ass to use in the air. I used it again today as it sucks to have a new saw and not use it. Sometimes it will idle for 5 seconds and sometimes 45.

I think a month or so.. I kill tree's professionally. I only have 4 tanks thru it as its been a pain in the ass to use in the air. I used it again today as it sucks to have a new saw and not use it. Sometimes it will idle for 5 seconds and sometimes 45.

That really sucks. I hope it's not gonna be a common issue with these saws. :(

That really sucks. I hope it's not gonna be a common issue with these saws. :(

I could go on.....They won't rev out right away (Programing limited?). By this I mean from cold it can take up to 45 seconds and sometimes more to reach max revs. My 660's will scream/clean out in 3-5 seconds.

it may be hard for us to get ahold of the mtronic tools to be able to work on these saws without being a dealer.
Well I may know of someone who could help.... have to ask a couple of dealers.

Are you aware that you can recalibrate it yourself?

No I am not. I asked if I could get the program and plug to tune my saw but the dealer said stihl is very touchy about the plugs and only lets a dealer have one.

I have dealt with this dealer for 15 years and he would get me the stuff if he could.

No I am not. I asked if I could get the program and plug to tune my saw but the dealer said stihl is very touchy about the plugs and only lets a dealer have one.

I have dealt with this dealer for 15 years and he would get me the stuff if he could.
Easy peasy. Take the B&C off, chain brake disengaged. Start it in the Start/Choked position. Let it set there and idle for 60-90 seconds. Flip it straight to off, without touching the throttle. Done.

Easy peasy. Take the B&C off, chain brake disengaged. Start it in the Start/Choked position. Let it set there and idle for 60-90 seconds. Flip it straight to off, without touching the throttle. Done.

Only issue is it will not idle that long even on the choke setting. It almost snuffed today after 10-12 seconds on that setting. Mind you it had a bar an chain on it. Its also a biatch to start after in snuffs too. Sometime up to 6 pulls.

I'll give it a shot though. Thanks.

also it is about 500 bucks

And worth every penny.

I'd give 500.00 to watch a monkey **** a football.
heard some chick on Howard stern said she ****ed a Zucchini once.

Anyways lol.... I will see how this stihl tool works and pass some words on. I'm really anxious to hook up the 441 Brad did for me to the probes and see how it will "fail" maybe

Why would it matter if the b and c were off? If all the saw is doing is idling what difference would it make?

Latest posts

Back