The MS661 is for sale in the US again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I've seen in the kits for diagnosing.... there is a shield that looks like it can cover the clutch.

I think the saw can be ran while hooked to a laptop or via Bluetooth.

Is it truly known to be a fuel control issue?
(semantics perhaps, but just wanting to separate from directly ign affecting matters)
Is there any little bit of "flutter" in the ignition timing ? you guys that design circuitry
probably know more about "de-bouncing" mechanical switches than i ever dreamt of.
Ringing in coils and spike suppression... IF that fuel metering circuit and its solenoid
are pulse modulated and Not a true analog/variable non-pulsed dc circuit.
is there a pathway such as a a leaking cap or transistor that "leaks" when hot?
just curious as to where any unwanted current flow might end up.
Assuming that fuel solenoid is pulse driven, could the ringing ever get out of hand.
Heck, I've not seen anyone discussing the resonant frequency(proper term?)
of it could become the equivalent of a poppet valve float, in a cylinder head.

any of you guys that have been bitten by one of those electric shock measuring tape gags
have experienced coil ringing and actually felt the force that kills the circuits in some things.

Just for giggles, from about 20~some yrs ago, that's my old idiot board from playing with center tapped transformers and free running oscillators in pursuit of a home-brew inverter.
If i could still find them, i probably once had more $$ tied up in mosfets and other clutter than you can buy a common, import built, 2500-3000 watt unit nowdays.
those old surplus TO-3 heat sinked on the board were about a buck a pop back then.
I've forgotten almost all of what I had only marginally memorized back then.

Attachments

• inverter guessing board.JPG
    inverter guessing board.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 62
It will be interesting to see how an "exhaust driven delayed stratified" engine holds up. And how well those fancy piston coolers work.

Why would it matter if the b and c were off? If all the saw is doing is idling what difference would it make?

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attachments/general-****-chat/918746d1370961072-another-scandal-hillary-sex-drugs-prostitutes-minors-secret-service-cover-up-memos-what-difference-does-make.jpg
If you turn your chain by hand then unmount the bar and turn the crank by hand using only the rim sprocket you should be able to understand the difference in load.

The saw doesn't have a crank sensor.

If you think a saw off idle will respond the same with a bar and chain drag coefficient as it will with none or you think a mounted load on the crankshaft needs the same idle settings as an unloaded crankshaft at idle, have it your way.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attachments/general-****-chat/918746d1370961072-another-scandal-hillary-sex-drugs-prostitutes-minors-secret-service-cover-up-memos-what-difference-does-make.jpg
If you turn your chain by hand then unmount the bar and turn the crank by hand using only the rim sprocket you should be able to understand the difference in load.
Brushape ?? Is that you

I think the remove B&C is the older M-tronic process, or different saws have different firmwares... That or the dealers are told more than we are. My manual for my 441cm says to recalibrate just make 5 consistent cuts (as in cookie cutting).

mtronic.jpg

dw

This is directly out of the MS661 Workshop Manual.

MS661%20Recalibration%20Procedure-L.png

Just curious do you happen to have the workshop manual for the 441? Just curious if this is a process not given in the owners manual. Seems odd to do that as it will drive some unneeded warranty repair work.

EDIT: Just downloaded the ms 661 owners manual and it is the same as my 441cm. Wonder why the difference from owner to shop manuals. Seems it save them in warranty claims.

dw

Latest posts

Back