The Northern Logger

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
image.jpeg Published out of Old Forge N.Y., a great magazine to keep us up on what's going on in the bush around the Great Lakes.
Old Forge NY is one of the best towns in the States that I have visited.
The picture is a 36" cheery somewhere in Hillsgrove Penn. We haven't been anywhere till we visit Ole Forge NY. Even NJ still has lots of wood. Just wanted to give the Northern Logger a well deserved plug. So anyway, all I'm doing right now is browsing on willow bushes and drinking homemade beer and having one hell of a time in my shack up here. 36 cords ordered! So glad to be poor, it's an honour.
Faster saws and bigger wood!
John

On the bottom of that front cover it says "official publication of the NE forest products & equipment expo" That 2 day show is next week, May 19 & 20 in Bangor Maine. I'll be there on the 19th. I went 2 years ago, there's acres of equipment, chainsaws, splitters, sawmills, loaders,chippers, & on & on - All up & running. Its free to go, talk about a wish list......................

View attachment 579009 Published out of Old Forge N.Y., a great magazine to keep us up on what's going on in the bush around the Great Lakes.
Old Forge NY is one of the best towns in the States that I have visited.
The picture is a 36" cheery somewhere in Hillsgrove Penn. We haven't been anywhere till we visit Ole Forge NY. Even NJ still has lots of wood. Just wanted to give the Northern Logger a well deserved plug. So anyway, all I'm doing right now is browsing on willow bushes and drinking homemade beer and having one hell of a time in my shack up here. 36 cords ordered! So glad to be poor, it's an honour.
Faster saws and bigger wood!
John
always good to see you posting,,yah hermit!!!! :D:D

On the bottom of that front cover it says "official publication of the NE forest products & equipment expo" That 2 day show is next week, May 19 & 20 in Bangor Maine. I'll be there on the 19th. I went 2 years ago, there's acres of equipment, chainsaws, splitters, sawmills, loaders,chippers, & on & on - All up & running. Its free to go, talk about a wish list......................
Ya, it's a great show and an inspiration, especially to the younger guys who will take the place of the oldtimers. I think the show alternates between three states

always good to see you posting,,yah hermit!!!! :D:D
Hermit! I wish. The girls come here by the busload and I can't get rid of a least have a doz phsycotic woodticks. Lol
I simply need to become more socially unexceptable, but how do I pull that one off? Should I get more saws, or should I get more wood?
I just got handed 500 cords of standing beetle kill and maybe 5% of that is house logs, so Im good till I'm 68.

Been reading The Northern Logger since I was a kid. My dad got it and when I got old enough I became a subscriber. It primarily covers the Lake States and the Northeast.

Back