The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jrcat. I've got 3 boys and one mean as a snake (just like her momma) girl. Who are you raising all by u'r lonesome? -from huskstihl

My 2 daughters

Last edited by a moderator:
If I wasnt tied up here and didnt have kids I would volunteer myself. Me and my best bud were headed to NYC for 9/11 clean up and we got told to stand down. That was a horrid mess. 345 Cat hoes dwarfed by Giant mountains of debris. The company I worked for sent 3 120 yard walking floors down to NYC for Hurricane sandy clean up I took one down and was going to stay for a week, the pay was awesome but the traffic....... with a KW w-900 sleeper tractor and 48 foot of giant 1 year old MAC walking floor....no thanks I came back home the next day lol. It was costing the drivers $75 one way to cross the tapanzee bridge and they didnt get it refunded till a week later once everything got straightened out.

I know the misery of the clean up but I do not know the misery of losing everything. I feel very bad for those people.

Didn't a bunch of the cleanup people get sick later on? The dust er something?

I wih I had some extra money to send or time to go volunteer...volunteering in events like that can be just down right heart breaking. You hear everyone's story...you can't help but take some of the sorrow back home with you! And there is always the "ram rod" on those sites that makes himself the "general" and he gonna tell everyone what to do and how to do it!

Yeah the dust did get a lot of them. I would get to emotionally tied to ... dont think I could do it.

Didn't a bunch of the cleanup people get sick later on? The dust er something?

I wih I had some extra money to send or time to go volunteer...volunteering in events like that can be just down right heart breaking. You hear everyone's story...you can't help but take some of the sorrow back home with you! And there is always the "ram rod" on those sites that makes himself the "general" and he gonna tell everyone what to do and how to do it!

A few years back now we helped out after a tornado hit Jacksonville NC it was so humbling to see folks trying to cut things with carpenters saws and hacksaws.......they were so grateful for anything we did, and all we did was fall some hazard trees and buck things up.

Wonder where treeslayer is? I bet he got some rain also.

Man...you guys should have learned what cause those babies! I only have one little turd head, and I love him! :msp_smile:
I figured if we ever wanted another set of pitter pattering feet in the house...I'm gonna order me a Russian mail order bride! LOL! prolly wouldn't go over so well with the Ol'lady :angry:

Last edited:
Tornadoes can hit with little warning in 09 we had one go through this area and thankfully no one was killed but it leveled about a 1000 acres of timber and peeled the roofs off about 30 buildings or so. This is a rare occurrence here.

Man...you guys should have learned what cause those babies! I only have one little turd head, and I love him! :msp_smile:
I figured if we ever wanted another set of pitter pattering feet in the house...I'm gonna order me a Russian mail order bride! LOL! prolly wouldn't goo over so well with the Ol'lady :angry:

Hey we got 5 kids lol 2 boys no probs ........3 girls nightmare lol..........my excuse we didn't have cable lol

Hey TC she'll give ya the 2 brick treatment lol

I figured if we ever wanted another set of pitter pattering feet in the house...I'm gonna order me a Russian mail order bride! LOL! prolly wouldn't go over so well with the Ol'lady :angry:

No probably wont end well lol. But think of the stories you can tell your grandkids o_O

Tornadoes can hit with little warning in 09 we had one go through this area and thankfully no one was killed but it leveled about a 1000 acres of timber and peeled the roofs off about 30 buildings or so. This is a rare occurrence here.

UK gets Tornados too but very weak ones .......hey jr come south of the Mason Dixon and ya can see twisters first hand lol

UK gets Tornados too but very weak ones .......hey jr come south of the Mason Dixon and ya can see twisters first hand lol

I've seen a few water spouts out on lake erie.. thats enough to see right there and I only have to drive 9 miles to see it lol

I can't get over just how many times a day you can use a kerf dutchman! I put one in around 4 times a day average. Problem for me is when swinging tall oak, you have to be sure there is room to swing. The kerf dutchman is just awesome, you can look at yer stump after the fall and learn about compression and how many of the kerfs were used by how many were cracked. Just a bad ass cut!

I can't get over just how many times a day you can use a kerf dutchman! I put one in around 4 times a day average. Problem for me is when swinging tall oak, you have to be sure there is room to swing. The kerf dutchman is just awesome, you can look at yer stump after the fall and learn about compression and how many of the kerfs were used by how many were cracked. Just a bad ass cut!

You meaning a soft dutch? a kerf dutch to this hack is one to jump a stick off if your trying to lay it safely missing something like a gulley or boulder which ya can't steer around

I've seen a few water spouts out on lake erie.. thats enough to see right there and I only have to drive 9 miles to see it lol

Dude, I want to see a water spout! The only thing similar for us would be when a "dirt devil" hits a wind row of hay. I was hauling hay one day and one showed up, it took the hay about 200ft up. I was feelin" spunky and ran and jumped into the middle of it...WARNING don't do it w/o a shirt on!...I was pickin' hay splinters for days! :hmm3grin2orange:

Dude, I want to see a water spout! The only thing similar for us would be when a "dirt devil" hits a wind row of hay. I was hauling hay one day and one showed up, it took the hay about 200ft up. I was feelin" spunky and ran and jumped into the middle of it...WARNING don't do it w/o a shirt on!...I was pickin' hay splinters for days! :hmm3grin2orange:

I wouldnt drive a boat into a water spout either lol. Those things are down right violent. Lake erie can get gale force winds and 20 foot seas are not uncommon ... thats no white cap lol My GF and I were out on a break wall watching a water spout in fact kinda dangerous high winds lightening and waves that went right out over top the breakwall. We watched for about 2 minutes that was enough. That was off the break walls at sunset bay in silver creek NY

Back