The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What part exactly are you needing
Timberjack calls it a shaft assembly, it's the case, gear, shaft, and bearings I need everything. When this one went the outer bearing took the races into pieces so the housing is garbage, the gear is garbage, and the shaft will be a new flower pot for the wife.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

40e43b3ffcdd056913465a46940480e3.jpg
ca151f8c3b65db66c0b4be30161cd2b5.jpg

Is it a naf bogie or what brand? There is a lot of crossing over to other brands at times.

For example I imported a bogie from Scotland for one of our Ponsse (none available in North America) only to find later they cross with a rottne model and there was one a couple hundred miles away.

Is it a naf bogie or what brand? There is a lot of crossing over to other brands at times.

For example I imported a bogie from Scotland for one of our Ponsse (none available in North America) only to find later they cross with a rottne model and there was one a couple hundred miles away.
So far only things it was used this one was the 1210 and 1210b. Unsure of the brand, it's time I start looking for newer equipment all this down time is killing me.

is it possible to weld/braze the damaged areas and remachine back to near new? one little tooth missing couldn't be all that bad could it.
There's more case damage out by the end that's on the floor same with the shaft.

So far only things it was used this one was the 1210 and 1210b. Unsure of the brand, it's time I start looking for newer equipment all this down time is killing me.

This year we all of our equipment except one piece is less than two years old and while there is still time down, the up time is amazing. You get lulled by that old iron into thinking about how much you re saving instead of how much you aren't making.

This year we all of our equipment except one piece is less than two years old and while there is still time down, the up time is amazing. You get lulled by that old iron into thinking about how much you re saving instead of how much you aren't making.

I'm to the point where I wrench more then run equipment and with one guy gone I can't afford the down time.

@1270d how long does it take to get use to the Ponsse comfort handles? Went and looked at a Scorpion King pretty impressed with the quality same with the Buffalo.

@1270d how long does it take to get use to the Ponsse comfort handles? Went and looked at a Scorpion King pretty impressed with the quality same with the Buffalo.

About 23 seconds. You can program any button to do whichever function you want. I was able to set mine up exactly like my previous John Deere.

Do yourself the favor of taking a close look at this type of equipment. It's hard for some to overcome the bias towards fixed head, simple, tracked iron bit I firmly believe the benefits outweigh the downside. Especially since you do a lot of thinning and hand cut the big wood.

Skeans, go to the Up Nort part of Wisconsin around Valentines Day and ski across the bay with thousands of crazies. I guess the mob has more than doubled in size since I did that. They really do have a wide selection of equipment (logging not skiing) to be seen in the woods, too. I'm thinking there is more of a variety than in these parts.

About 23 seconds. You can program any button to do whichever function you want. I was able to set mine up exactly like my previous John Deere.

Do yourself the favor of taking a close look at this type of equipment. It's hard for some to overcome the bias towards fixed head, simple, tracked iron bit I firmly believe the benefits outweigh the downside. Especially since you do a lot of thinning and hand cut the big wood.
Our many reasons is the fact it's cheaper to setup a tethering setup with the wheel machines there's a good chance they'll be requiring us to have the gear real soon. That being said for thinning the company prefers the fixed head and track harvester on our type of ground. And to be honest 90 percent of that is the guys running the forwarder and harvesters up the road for a skid trail really doesn't help.

Skeans, go to the Up Nort part of Wisconsin around Valentines Day and ski across the bay with thousands of crazies. I guess the mob has more than doubled in size since I did that. They really do have a wide selection of equipment (logging not skiing) to be seen in the woods, too. I'm thinking there is more of a variety than in these parts.
Yeah we'll be headed back one day haven't had much time with keeping stuff running and health issues with my dad. We should be up your way one day to take a look at a set that's running up there.

Our many reasons is the fact it's cheaper to setup a tethering setup with the wheel machines there's a good chance they'll be requiring us to have the gear real soon. That being said for thinning the company prefers the fixed head and track harvester on our type of ground. And to be honest 90 percent of that is the guys running the forwarder and harvesters up the road for a skid trail really doesn't help.

Ctl stuff does tend to break a road up pretty bad. It takes an rare and ideal setup to deck from off the road without making big landings.

If you end up going down to watch some of the guys around portland. or go to Ponsse's shop, talk to Jouni the Finn. He set my machine up before he moved out there and is probably one of or the most knowledgeable guys in the north American part of the company.

They have a number of machines with the alpine winch setup running. Winch setup is rumored to be around 100k per machine.

Ctl stuff does tend to break a road up pretty bad. It takes an rare and ideal setup to deck from off the road without making big landings.

If you end up going down to watch some of the guys around portland. or go to Ponsse's shop, talk to Jouni the Finn. He set my machine up before he moved out there and is probably one of or the most knowledgeable guys in the north American part of the company.

They have a number of machines with the alpine winch setup running. Winch setup is rumored to be around 100k per machine.

We went down and talk to Jouni yesterday really nice guy a little hard to understand. He did say they were getting ready to open another store out here in Washington. Yeah one setup is on C&C set and that's part of the reason we all may have to do the winches. How is the support let's say 10 years down the road? Forgot that's how I set up the landing and rows now as well one of the other companies is back load the landings.

We went down and talk to Jouni yesterday really nice guy a little hard to understand. He did say they were getting ready to open another store out here in Washington. Yeah one setup is on C&C set and that's part of the reason we all may have to do the winches. How is the support let's say 10 years down the road? Forgot that's how I set up the landing and rows now as well one of the other companies is back load the landings.

I can't personally comment on the long term support, but can say that every long term customer I have talked to has been satisfied. Some have been with them for 15 or 20 years. They are much more interested in the customer than any other equipment dealer I have interacted with.

What do you refer to C&C?

I can't personally comment on the long term support, but can say that every long term customer I have talked to has been satisfied. Some have been with them for 15 or 20 years. They are much more interested in the customer than any other equipment dealer I have interacted with.

What do you refer to C&C?
C&C is a local company that runs 4 thinning and last I heard from one of the owners 15 or 16 clear cutting sides. Then Miller timber has a set of winch machines.

Wandered out to the site drug the war dept with me cause I'm loading up all the random stuff, start the essabator so she can warm up...

After about an hour of dickin with little stuff i go to get the essa c ater so's i can load the fire tank.. and shes not running...

I guess there is a water drain yer suposed to drain daily... so when it warms up i get to reprime the system and get her started again... then drain the water...

Back