The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a gonna put this here, cause I don't feel like starting a new thread...

Using a Yoder, how does a guy usually get the sky line out in the bushes? I don't remember ever seeing a haulback winch on any yoders.

Does a guy just have to drag it out into the brush (which **** that ****) or use the tong tosser method and chuck it as far as possible.
The guys I've seen use them have the green guy run the skyline out but remember the cable isn't as big and you're not going out the distance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

c2ca322d39d24d6fe3766da667fa20f2.jpg
60e2da000d22b905850543acd9304c38.jpg

A few shots of a purple people eater built of a komatsu 138 conversion done by Pierce Pacific.

c2ca322d39d24d6fe3766da667fa20f2.jpg
60e2da000d22b905850543acd9304c38.jpg

A few shots of a purple people eater built of a komatsu 138 conversion done by Pierce Pacific.

You should pick that think up for the kids' sandbox. Cute little thing. What's the radar dome on the roof for? Maybe commie detection...

55 degrees and sunny here, rain last night. Hope winter comes back soon so we can go back to work.

You should pick that think up for the kids' sandbox. Cute little thing. What's the radar dome on the roof for? Maybe commie detection...

55 degrees and sunny here, rain last night. Hope winter comes back soon so we can go back to work.
Owner told me it's for ac and then there's an oil cooler there as well. That's what I heard you guys were starting break up early my dad was back last week.

You getting closer to deciding what machine you want yet?
We're getting there just all will come down to money and support. The ponsse is nice but way too nutty expensive to be honest so probably a track machine. Fixed or dangle not sure yet but probably a fixed Skidmore head I know from talking with my dad he was super impressed with how stuff has been done on them. So time will tell and see what comes up deal wise I know the harvester I'm running it on borrowed time which is too bad it's been a great machine.

The mud froze last night with a dust of white ,can walk across it and keep your boots clean today .

2 below Saturday morning and tomorrow 45 and sunny. Then back to the single digits by the end of the week. I hope the cold holds out for another month.

2 below Saturday morning and tomorrow 45 and sunny. Then back to the single digits by the end of the week. I hope the cold holds out for another month.
You guys can keep it I'll keep trucking if this weather quits, the mule trains don't like the snow and coming off the mountain for some reason.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I got to run a Hitachi zx200 the other day, fergot to mention it...

Just shovin brush around and trying to fix a mess a neighbor had created.

Didn't seem any more productive then my ex120, was a whole lot more stable, so picking up the bigger stumps felt better, and I'd imagine if someone else was wiggling the sticks for the stump jerkin (it wasn't I) it would be more better at it...

Still think the smaller 120-160 sized machines are about perfect for what I do though.

Also it was a rental... and in serious need of some grease, an oil change, they had to put filters on it and blow the lines out... teeth had fallen off... 6000 hours or so, and my ole gurl with 9700 hrs feels tighter, Granted their heater works so I guess its got that going for it...

92337d19d49f0e02aa72c9e23d68f29d.jpg

Mule train loaded with that size machine, no way I could pick up the trailer.

I got to run a Hitachi zx200 the other day, fergot to mention it...

Just shovin brush around and trying to fix a mess a neighbor had created.

Didn't seem any more productive then my ex120, was a whole lot more stable, so picking up the bigger stumps felt better, and I'd imagine if someone else was wiggling the sticks for the stump jerkin (it wasn't I) it would be more better at it...

Still think the smaller 120-160 sized machines are about perfect for what I do though.

Also it was a rental... and in serious need of some grease, an oil change, they had to put filters on it and blow the lines out... teeth had fallen off... 6000 hours or so, and my ole gurl with 9700 hrs feels tighter, Granted their heater works so I guess its got that going for it...
That's some of it but a lot of it is the guys can produce a lot more with the bigger shovels less grabs means less walking.

Latest posts

Back