The Official Michigan GTG (August 22 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet. Haven't done the big worldy pipe people I don't know thing since I was brewing. I had some swag then... I have that weekend off me and the son may throw a tent in the Jeep and come up. Any good kayaking opportunities nearby?

Not sure, I'm scared of water.

The Rabbit River is about a mile behind my property, I know a bunch of people cannoe in there.

How many people are coming from detroit area or south east michigan? Thinking of a car pool idea i think it be funny if a cop got my speeding ass with a bunch of guys and chainsaws inside....

I got stopped coming back from the WKY GTG several years ago by a state trooper. Wasn't much fun at the time until I was able to convince him it was not me who had been speeding in the dark.

Did he give muvh trouble checking numbers on saws? I bet that cop went bact to the ststion saying he found a truck witb 15 saws and one guy. He had them all just to test and play with. Man cad is fun. I. Such a jug head 2stroke junkie.

The only question he asked was whether I worked construction. It was dark and he was going the opposite way on the Interstate. Pulled me over and claimed is was speeding (89 in a 70, I was doing 72-73) and slammed on brakes when I detected his radar. Let him search the vehicle and of course no radar detector. His parting remark was that the back of my vehicle "looked" like the one I saw.

If I did have a detector but had not been speeding I would have had a ticket. I did a write up of it in the 2012 WKY GTG thread.

so how many jug head saw nuts do I have close to me I'm in Madison Heights just north west to Detroit kind of curious to see who I've got buy me that maybe we can make it to this gtg together. or even help each other complete project that we want to take with us

so how many jug head saw nuts do I have close to me I'm in Madison Heights just north west to Detroit kind of curious to see who I've got buy me that maybe we can make it to this gtg together. or even help each other complete project that we want to take with us
I'm about an hour from you. About 2 hours from the GTG. I put this on my calendar but it's too far out to know for sure.

Me and Sarah got it on the calendar. Hope to be able to make it. I might even make a stool.

Andy, my family is in MN. St. Cloud and twin cities area. I've made the drive many times. If you can take the extra few hours, the drive through northern MI is worth the time.

Im going to have to google Williamstown i have never heard of it and lived in Michigan my whole life. I lived near charlevoix and Detroit ive covered the state well on trips. If you are going to be able to make it what would you bring saw wise. I am thinking this 625/630 im deep into if i finish. My echo. 452vl, and the little green 3314 that thing sure is fun. Its a shame i got dam near the same money into a bucking spike as i do for the saw 7.95 for shipping and 3.97 for spike. Im in it for a total of 31.92 so im ok with it. Oh i did steal my 18" bar and chain off a homelite to get rid of my bunk 14" and safty chain. I definitely enjoy cheap little things that could. Kindof a underdog myself......

Back