The Official Michigan GTG (August 22 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im going to have to google Williamstown i have never heard of it and lived in Michigan my whole life. I lived near charlevoix and Detroit ive covered the state well on trips. If you are going to be able to make it what would you bring saw wise. I am thinking this 625/630 im deep into if i finish. My echo. 452vl, and the little green 3314 that thing sure is fun. Its a shame i got dam near the same money into a bucking spike as i do for the saw 7.95 for shipping and 3.97 for spike. Im in it for a total of 31.92 so im ok with it. Oh i did steal my 18" bar and chain off a homelite to get rid of my bunk 14" and safty chain. I definitely enjoy cheap little things that could. Kindof a underdog myself......

Williamston is east of Lansing. I grew up in MN and moved to Charlevoix when I was 15. Moved to Lansing area when I was 20ish.
No idea on saws. I have several projects that will be done by then. 346,359,372,390,394,395... But, they are nothing special at the moment. Depends on what I decide to sell.
Maybe I'll bring my mean little husky 142 with a 10 inch bar

Im in but between work and my annervisery it will be a late call, so ATM I don't know? Im coming out of Wyandotte, just south of Detroit. As far as saws Ill bring 044 10mm, 084 288 61 maybe and 272 frankensaw if its done.

it's a little early for me to knows as well but my first one so I gotta try hard to make sure I can go anybody got any ideas whether or not they want to carpool I'm in Madison Heights

Any room for a new guy. My ms 241 c-m rips pretty hard with a 12 inch bar its stock though I need guidance on doing a muffler mod

I did post a new thread about modding my saw any help over there would be great thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BWS-LLC thanks for hosting it. I'll put it on the calendar but won't know until we get closer. I'll be coming out of Howell and would most likely drive in for the day. I'm looking forward to taking saws and getting some help on my 064. Jon

BWS-LLC thanks for hosting it. I'll put it on the calendar but won't know until we get closer. I'll be coming out of Howell and would most likely drive in for the day. I'm looking forward to taking saws and getting some help on my 064. Jon
Lol I'm from howell

Lol I'm from howell

I'm just down the road from you guys! What kind of help do you need on that 064 Jon?

Sounds great, will definitely try to make it. What exactly can one expect at a GTG?

I'm not sure, I've never hosted one or even been to one before.

I've been joking and kicking it around on SH for a while and finally decided to pull the trigger.

I'll be going to Iowa this spring to hang out and see what's involved.

I'd like to make this a anual event, and hopefully every year will be better than the year prior.

Yep been in those two places my whole life. Sturgis and Burr Oak.
Man, you need to get out more...
Go to the Iowa gtg...
Take a walk on the wild side...
And stuff..
Though I've spent a little time in sturgis.. I was throwing a 12 lb steel ball and 4.5 lb disk..

Back