The Official Michigan GTG (August 22 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YAY! I'm in!

So I'm a big dork and somewhat introverted when out of my element (like at a chainsaw -a-palooza) so to get over that I like to have the best idea of what is going to take place. In my mind (take the journey) these types of things could go a few different ways...

1. Just ends up being 4 guys at a strangers house staring at each other while sporting their shiny new Craftsman chainsaws.

2. A dozen guys that all know each other talking about saws they "use to have" while a random guy that's new to the group (me) doesn't want to feel judged because he had no clue what the he11 they are talking about.

3. Sane scenario as above only instead they are all donning the latest and greatest high dollar gear and ridiculing anyone that owns a poulan, homelite, mcculloch etc..

4. Some guys, some saws, and a mutual respect just for being brothers of 2-stroke tree destroyers. It would have the ambience of a small classroom lecture and the flair of a carnival. It would sound like a saw mill and kinda look like a flea market.

5. Nobody really knows what they are like because no one has ever come back from one. Lol!

In all seriousness though, I am excited.

Joseph

I'm just glad you haven't died in some grain dust/tractor/chainsaw/firearm/
farming/swimming/boating/militia training/jogging/ground-water-contamination/etc. accident.
Seriously.

I was in your wonderful state two weekends ago

Someday I'll hopefully be able to call Texas my home

YAY! I'm in!

So I'm a big dork and somewhat introverted when out of my element (like at a chainsaw -a-palooza) so to get over that I like to have the best idea of what is going to take place. In my mind (take the journey) these types of things could go a few different ways...

1. Just ends up being 4 guys at a strangers house staring at each other while sporting their shiny new Craftsman chainsaws.

2. A dozen guys that all know each other talking about saws they "use to have" while a random guy that's new to the group (me) doesn't want to feel judged because he had no clue what the he11 they are talking about.

3. Sane scenario as above only instead they are all donning the latest and greatest high dollar gear and ridiculing anyone that owns a poulan, homelite, mcculloch etc..

4. Some guys, some saws, and a mutual respect just for being brothers of 2-stroke tree destroyers. It would have the ambience of a small classroom lecture and the flair of a carnival. It would sound like a saw mill and kinda look like a flea market.

5. Nobody really knows what they are like because no one has ever come back from one. Lol!

In all seriousness though, I am excited.

Joseph

Now of the above... Just a bunch of chainsaw loving guys that gather together to run saws, BS and eat. Sometimes if you stick around long enough there might be drinking and music.

I did not even bring a saw to the first one I went to, as a result I took a lot of videos and pictures. I have been to ones with 15-20 people to ones with 50+ people from 13 states. I have seen virtually every type of saw from a Mini Mac with a 6" bar to twin cylinder (one and two man) to rotary saws.

IDK, I live just northwest of Houston. Justiceburg looks about 12 hrs away

Texas is a pretty big state and it seems to me that a 12 hour drive in Texas would be the equivalent of 1.5 hours anywhere else? Maybe not.

Joseph

Texas is a pretty big state and it seems to me that a 12 hour drive in Texas would be the equivalent of 1.5 hours anywhere else? Maybe not.

Joseph

Yea, I have been getting there several times a year lately. Everything is at least a hour away.

When we went to the ranch last weekend it was a 4 1/2 hour drive. That was the equivalent drive of us going to Lansing.

Not many places in Michigan where you can step out your back door and have a 2500 yard shooting range.

That sounds perfect! Being that I don't care to travel (I told you I'm an introvert) I've never been to Texas but it's in my list. I actually need to go there because I've been wanting to pick up a clean Ford diesel from the mid/late 90's to hotrod and those don't exist here in the road salt capital of the universe. In all likelihood I would just find it online, broker the deal by phone/email and have it shipped back here though.

Joseph

Latest posts

Back