The "Original" 361... need parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GASoline71

Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
A buddy asked if I would look at his saw to see why it was "knocking and clanging" as he put it.

Anyways... it's a Jonsereds 361. It was his fathers saw. Kinda neat little bugger. Even has the original owners manual. It has been sittin' for a long time. There is gear oil in the bar oil tank. That has basically turned to sludge over the years. So that will be it's main issue after I fix the other stuff.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So I pulled it apart and noticed right away that the clutch bearing was shot (pretty obvious) as I could wobble the spur sproket all over the place. The sprocket has two pieces busted off from the inside. Check the pics for the bearing and sprocket carnage.

attachment.php

attachment.php

So I need a spur sprocket and a clutch bearing to start with. The little thing started on the second pull with a little pre mix squirted in the carb. So It runs... and look at the piston on the exhaust side... looks good... nary a scratch on it.

Don't mind the brutes on static display in the background... they had to make room on the workbench for this little guy. :)

Anyways... anybody have a lead on a sprocket and bearing for this little saw?

Thanks a bunch,

Gary

Last edited:
What kind of saw is the blue one it looks very tough.

Homelite C series. Not sure which one probably a C-7 or C-9 though. All of them look awful lot alike, might have even used the same cases? Gary can tell you what it is for sure.

Last edited:
Maybe you could ask him what kind of oil he uses?

I have only been a member here for about two or three months. I just have to say that statement is just flat out wrong. LMAO.....

Oh and thanks, I have 3 three new chainsaw since I found this ":censored:" site.

I tell you there is no way I'd even think about asking what kind or how much oil to use. Might get shot... lol...

Nice saw Gas.

Sorry, but....

The Poulan 361 might have been the original 361. It was started being produced in 1965.

I have the Partner version of that Jonsered 361. Nice little limbing toy.

Those saws were rebadged for about everybody it seems. Skill is another one that comes to mind.

What kind of saw is the blue one it looks very tough.

Homelite C series. Not sure which one probably a C-7 or C-9 though. All of them look awful lot alike, might have even used the same cases? Gary can tell you what it is for sure.

Yup... Homelite C-51.

Big heavy and loud. The other one you can barely see to the left is my Homelite 770G... bigger, heavier, and louder! LMAO... :laugh:

Thanks guys. :) :) :)

Gary

Hi Gas i bet thousands of stihl ms361 owners nearly had heart attacks reading the words in your title "361 need parts" lol
as if they would ever break!
btw cute wee saw

The Poulan 361 might have been the original 361. It was started being produced in 1965.

I have the Partner version of that Jonsered 361. Nice little limbing toy.

Those saws were rebadged for about everybody it seems. Skill is another one that comes to mind.

+1 on the Poulan 361, just got thru rebuilding one for my Dad. I too have a saw that looks like the Jonsered 361, it is a Pioneer P-10, nice little saw. I think they were produced by Frontier.

Back