The Problem with Normal People

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta say, Blacklist is one heck of a show. Well acted, well written, great plots, great casting, great sets, great camera work, raw human emotion mixed with action, realistic violence interspersed throughout in proper balance, and James Spader has become quite the accomplished actor. (Never cared for him in the least back in the day.) Megan Boone ain't bad, either. And we're both related to Daniel.

Plus, they've provided work for umpteen "has been" actors.

Two senior Capitol Hill Republicans plan to introduce a congressional resolution calling for full disclosure of all U.S. government’s records related to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in 1963.

Rep. Walter Jones (R-N.C) and Sen. Charles Grassley (R-Ia.) will introduce their JFK resolution before the end of the month, according to Jones.

“I want to make sure that the information that is owed the American people is made available,” the veteran North Carolina conservative said in an exclusive interview with AlterNet. “The American people are sick and tired of not being given the truth. “

The JFK Records Act of 1992 mandated full disclosure of all government records related to the assassination within 25 years. Some four million pages of records were released in the late 1990s and early 2000s. Another 100,000 pages of assassination-related material from a dozen government agencies must be made public by public by the statutory deadline of October 26, 2017.

Under the law, the CIA, FBI and other government agencies can postpone release of still-secret JFK records after October 26--but only with the written permission of the president.

CIA Hedges

The CIA declined to say if it plans to seek postponement of the release of the Agency’s remaining JFK records.

"For these reasons, I no longer believe that we were able to conduct an appropriate investigation of the Agency and its relationship to Oswald. Anything that the Agency told us that incriminated, in some fashion, the Agency may well be reliable as far as it goes, but the truth could well be that it materially understates the matter.

What the Agency did not give us none but those involved in the Agency can know for sure. I do not believe any denial offered by the Agency on any point. The law has long followed the rule that if a person lies to you on one point, you may reject all of his testimony.

I now no longer believe anything the Agency told the committee any further than I can obtain substantial corroboration for it from outside the Agency for its veracity. We now know that the Agency withheld from the Warren Commission the CIA-Mafia plots to kill Castro. Had the commission known of the plots, it would have followed a different path in its investigation. The Agency unilaterally deprived the commission of a chance to obtain the full truth, which will now never be known.

Significantly, the Warren Commission’s conclusion that the agencies of the government co-operated with it is, in retrospect, not the truth.

We also now know that the Agency set up a process that could only have been designed to frustrate the ability of the committee in 1976-79 to obtain any information that might adversely affect the Agency.

Many have told me that the culture of the Agency is one of prevarication and dissimulation and that you cannot trust it or its people. Period. End of story.

I am now in that camp."

Notre Dame law professor G. Robert Blakey.
crater (2).jpg He is a recognized expert on organized crime and an authority on the JFK assassination. He was Chief counsel to the 1977 House Select Committee on Assassinations. Blakey led the investigation into President Kennedy’s assassination, reexamining the evidence with a new forensics panel. The committee found that there was a “probable conspiracy,” suggesting that parts of the Mafia and/or certain anti-Castro Cuban groups “may have been involved.”

M 3.5 - 22km ENE of Sungjibaegam, North Korea
2017-09-23 08:29:17 UTC41.312°N 129.052°E5.0 km depth

They did it again. The most dangerous, war provoking event since the Cuban Missile Crises.

And, a 6.1 mag in Mexico.

The 9.0 mag in Japan, shook Tokyo for 5 minutes.

The 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake occurred at 00:58:53 UTC on 26 December with the epicentre off the west coast of Sumatra, Indonesia. The shock had a magnitude of 9.1–9.3. The undersea megathrust earthquake was caused when the Indian Plate was subducted by the Burma Plate and triggered a series of devastating tsunamis along the coasts of most landmasses bordering the Indian Ocean, killing 230,000–280,000 people in 14 countries, and inundating coastal communities with waves up to 30 metres (100 ft) high. It was one of the deadliest natural disasters in recorded history.

Penn State won a squeaker on the last play of a great battle. Go figure

Is accepted practice to run a chainsaw all out w/o a break for 1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, when milling timbers? Is it better for the saw to let it idle frequently or does it even matter?

And therein lies the problemo. Many have opinions, but nobody knows fur sure. Time to go straight to the manufacturers to seek out what they have to say. I think their manuals should include info about milling since lots of us are using them for that purpose.

It's not an opinion. You run an engine hot. The engine has fan cooling. You let it idle a while so the air movement can help to dissipate heat. That's what my tractor manual says anyway.

"The Italian psychiatrist Amarro Fiamberti first developed a procedure that involved accessing the frontal lobes through the eye sockets, which would inspire Freeman to develop the transorbital lobotomy in 1945, a method that would not require a traditional surgeon and operating room. The technique involved using an instrument called an orbitoclast, a modified ice pick, which the physician would insert through the patient's eye socket using a hammer. They would then move the instrument side-to-side to separate the frontal lobes from the thalamus, the part of the brain that receives and relays sensory input."

See, Jack... you don't need to spend a lot of money. I have an icepick and a sixpack. You'd be right as rain, in no time at all.

Rosemary Kennedy and I were roommates at St. Coletta School for Exceptional Children in Wisconsin until January, 2005.

"School" being a euphamism for "assylum"... right? Ooops! a Freudian slip on my part... so sorry. I meant "asylum", of course.

It is a private, expensive, exclusive, secluded, preparatory fine arts/finishing school for mensa members who were bored and unchallenged by the Ivy League, Stanford, M.I.T., you get the picture.

Why so jealous, bucko? Not everyone is destined for greatness. Nothing to be ashamed of.

I could never hope to achieve such levels of insani... er... greatness that you have so obviously reached. My shame is that of the failed scholar of luna.. um.. greatness who abandons his pursuit in favor of a more comfortable position of normalcy and clarity of thought: such laziness and lack of motivation comes with a degree of guilt and shame, it is true. The heights of whacko bullsh... er.. greatness never attained, it weighs heavily upon my shoulders. If only I had not restrained my intake of noxious, illicit substances to what mere common sense and fear of an untimely death would seem to dictate! To think of such lost opportunities for chemically induced enlightenment and scrambled brains leaves me in despair.

Luckily, I have this can of beer and these forum navigation buttons to magically dispel my misery, and restore order to the universe.

io_discovered (3).jpg https://video.arstechnica.com/watch/a-celebration-of-cassini

One day, soon, we will harness the gushing liquid from Prometheus on Io and generate all the power needs to meet the demands of the hundreds of millions of inhabitants on Mars, through superconductors. Interplanetary travel will take an hour or so, depending on traffic, which your average bear will afford without significant sacrifice.

O momma, it's around the bend.

star-size-comparison (2).png

I have an old, old Unitron. Am gonna buy a sun filter for it so I can search for solar flares. The sun is purty big, yes? LOL

Back