The Skidder Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jrcat

The thread for anything Log Skidder. I start off with my buddies 240 jack and 225 jack loaded on a detach for an 80 mile ride. It was interesting loading these I was just a touch nervous with the 225.

This is a 450c jack on its roof. The guy loading it said the "mud" in the chains made it slide off the trailer. NO it was not me lol

This one Northman ought to like even though its a sideways pic. But skidders can be moved with a pick up truck...albeit small skidders lol

ha ha naw, she been doin it for years. replaced lift pump and a few lines, no diff. don't like that crazy glass filter tho

I know of guys aroud here that will actually put those deere filter heads on their "off brand" machines. I dont like em. troublesome critters they can be.

on the deere 540b why would it loose fuel overnite once in a while. maybe 3 days in a row, maybe not for a month. any ideas?

Does the 540 have a drain plug in the fuel tank like the 440? If so it may be a bit loose. Had to swap out the drain plug for a new fuel line on mine, the old in tank lines where junk and sucking air. More or less why I got it for so cheap... ran like Hel... smoked allot... filthy and greasy, kinda like an ex girl friends mom...

Didn't notice before that that ford pulling the skidder was a standard axle, gives me a bit of hope for the old crummy...

The pump needs to be at a certain spot for the primer to work. Bump the engine ahead 1/2 a turn and try again.

Most likely the rubber is cracked, but it could be a steel line just as well. There should (probably) be a check valve in the tank too..

My line was cracked in a dozen placed between the glass bowl and the lift pump..leaked the worst @ the top where it threads into the bowl. Being a JD, you need to go to NAPA and have them make a new line for you...both ends thread on...

Last edited:
The pump needs to be at a certain spot for the primer to work. Bump the engine ahead 1/2 a turn and try again.

Most likely the rubber is cracked, but it could be a steel line just as well. There should (probably) be a check valve in the tank too..

My line was cracked in a dozen placed between the glass bowl and the lift pump..leaked the worst @ the top where it threads into the bowl. Being a JD, you need to go to NAPA and have them make a new line for you...both ends thread on...

thanks ot, yea pump arm has to not be on cam lobe to hand pump. replaced that line if you mean filter is glass bowl. did not know they put check valve at tank. always thought it needed a check valve, bet that's her trouble. prolly crap jammed in the check, blocking it open. have to check it out.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Latest posts

Back