The Skidder Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an FYI, if the pilot bearing ever seizes to the end of the output shaft in your transmission, rendering your clutch useless as you will have constant power running through the transmission, and you then attempt to take said apparatus apart, you are in for a chore!! Dont ask me how I know, been a rough end of the week in PA.

Anyone know how to calibrate a new clutch and pressure plate to a turned down flywheel? After much yanking and frustration yesterday...see above post, my transmission, bellhousing, and whats left of my clutch are out of my 240A. Flywheel seems to be ok, but will definitely be going to the machinist to get trued up. I know theres a way to set up new pressure plates, or at least I've heard of guys doing it in tractors, but Ive never done it. My machine has been down much too long as it is, so when I put it back together I want it done right. Thankfully the guys Im working for have a skiddr they are letting me run to keep some money coming in while Im dealing with these issues.

Anyone know how to calibrate a new clutch and pressure plate to a turned down flywheel? After much yanking and frustration yesterday...see above post, my transmission, bellhousing, and whats left of my clutch are out of my 240A. Flywheel seems to be ok, but will definitely be going to the machinist to get trued up. I know theres a way to set up new pressure plates, or at least I've heard of guys doing it in tractors, but Ive never done it. My machine has been down much too long as it is, so when I put it back together I want it done right. Thankfully the guys Im working for have a skiddr they are letting me run to keep some money coming in while Im dealing with these issues.

The clutches you speak of the need set up are generally a 2 stage clutch like in most farm tractors. The clutch for your 240 will not be like this. Meaning there should be no adjustment within the pressure plate. Its all in the pedal. As Slayer said adjust to an inch to an inch and half free play. good to go.

Tree Farmer c4d injector pump

Hi all, just wondered if anyone has experienced an issue with a C4D 4 cylinder ford /Simms diesel injector pump, I couldnt get fuel out of it so dropped a plug in the bottom, out flowed brown dirty stuff that smelt like a cross between paint thinners and diesel. After googlin round I found a picture that showed a similar pump (also a Simms, but 3 cylinder) which indicated with labels the drain plug, a level plug and a filler plug like mine but no info. Do these have a lube oil? Anyone got a manual?I am assuming interior of pump is dirty so partially dismantling/flushing today. Anybody who's been here, done this with some pointers please do tell.

Everything I've seen advertised as a log hog was a home made skidder based off a pickup. Usually have a winch out back and ROPS, no body.

that a short dog in these parts. white owl motor company made the first ones from 2 1/2 army trucks. plenty made they own. dunham made the log hog from ford ag tractors. they were in la. I have had both, the log hog was much more practical. jus 6 ply ag tires don't hold up.

Back