The time has come!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve NW WI

Unwanted Riff Raff.
Reaction score
I've about burned through my supply of wood cut long for the old Woodchuck down in the basement. It's time for the old tank to get replaced. End of the week, I'll be picking up a new Drolet HT-2000. Meanwhile, I'm headed out for work early so I can pick up an outside air kit and have it installed and ready to plug in when the stove comes in. I also have to pick up my venison at the meat locker, need the bribe factor to get some friends to help get this thing in and the old one out!

I'd love to do the chimney liner at the same time, but instead, I'm just going to order it and wait until we have some warmer weather so I can let the stove out for a day or so to do it.

So far this year, I've sent 5 cords up in smoke, half of that good hardwoods. I'd say it's been an average to slightly colder heating season so far this year. I've also cleaned the chimney 3 times. I'm hoping the new stove cuts these numbers down quite a bit.

I'm about as excited as I was when I bought my first pro saw. Heck, I even (don't tell the guys this) downloaded and read the manual already.

congrats on the new stove purchase. have to keep us(me) informed of how it goes, im in the market for a new stove for the house.

I tried to give ya some new stove rep but it won't let me. Congrats on the new stove! Hope the install and removal goes according to plan! And gets done before ya run out of venison!

Ted

Congrats on the new purchase. A neighbor gave me a new recipe for deer burgers. When you grind the meat, grind in a pack of the cheapest bacon you can find. Tried some and boy was it GOOD. One of the best burgers I ever had.

...(don't tell the guys this) downloaded and read the manual already.

That's one of the really cool things about the internet... right there in front of god and everybody (ya' know, the guys) you can open the box and toss the instructions in the burn barrel. Then, when the beer is gone and all the guys go home you can down load the instructions, read them... and still keep the man-card!

Congrats, by-the-way.

SOOOOOO...... A lesbian can have a man card?

Not referring to you mac.

Last edited:
Alright all you man card grabbers, how many of the women that hold your "stuff" in her purse let you bring a saw in the house, much less work on them there, AND have an air compressor inside just for that purpose?

Just as I suspected. Open them wallets and hand em over boys.

If Steve can have one, anybody can. Hahahaha. Reading instructions and such.:msp_sneaky:

Really, I was just looking at the pictures. I'd give it a 1.5 out of 5 stars for a review. There wasn't much plot, and what there was didn't revolve around sex or explosives. Unless they were in the warnings, I never read those. Plus there were parts I had to translate from Canuckistani, subtitles suck.

Alright all you man card grabbers, how many of the women that hold your "stuff" in her purse let you bring a saw in the house, much less work on them there, AND have an air compressor inside just for that purpose?

Just as I suspected. Open them wallets and hand em over boys.

Really, I was just looking at the pictures. I'd give it a 1.5 out of 5 stars for a review. There wasn't much plot, and what there was didn't revolve around sex or explosives. Unless they were in the warnings, I never read those. Plus there were parts I had to translate from Canuckistani, subtitles suck.

I'm with Steve. I am an information hound. Before I buy something, I read everything about it, and any other thing comparable. Then and only then, I am so confused, I just buy what ever.

I lost my man card when I got married. I think most do. I have the married guy version. It's called the "still-a-man-but-what-ever-you- need-dear-oh-my-God-I'm-turning-into-a-puff-and-only- 1/2-the-man-I-used-to-be" card:msp_scared:

Congrats on the new stove - It will be nice to get as much heat or more with less wood. Happened to me a couple years ago when I got rid of an old smoke dragon add a furnace in the basement and put the old Encore Defiant w/cat on the main level living room.
Nice to see the stacks last longer.

Before and after pics or it didn't happen...:cool2:

Alright all you man card grabbers, how many of the women that hold your "stuff" in her purse…

I earned a permanent, un-removable man-card several years ago…

I had two deer hanging in the unheated shop, hadn’t skinned them yet (normally let them hang a week or so)… planning on skinning and butchering Saturday. When I got home from work Friday evening the temps were dropping fast and the weather man was calling for single digits (either side of zero) for a few days. Well, I don’t know how many of you have tried it, but skinning and butchering frozen deer is a huge PITA… so… I dragged them across the yard, in the back door, and flopped ‘em on the wife’s kitchen floor! She came home just as I was coming through the door with the second one, and the yelling began just as one of my beer drinkin’ buddies pulled into the drive.

So, I handed him a beer and we leaned against the counter until the yelling (and threats of divorce) turned into tears… and she stormed into the bedroom, slamming the door. He helped me skin, quarter and butcher the deer while we drank a big box-o-beer (plus)… cleaned up the mess and got all the meat in the freezer by midnight. Anyway, anytime my qualification to hold a man-card comes into question, he always sets the record straight with that story. (Of course, nobody saw the groveling I did over the remainder of the weekend… it was pathetic.)

:D

u8uze8yv.jpg

Latest posts

Back