The time has come!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D

u8uze8yv.jpg

Man, by the looks of the wheel well, they use the same salt in WI as they do in NY:angry:

Nice stove...stay warm!

saws,generator are in the basement along with the air compressor I bought her for Christmas .Sunday I'll be pushing the golf cart in to do a tear down/rebuild

My man card is permanently tattooed on the back of my hand... :jester:

It's IN! Me and a buddy that also works nights got-er-dun last night. He's 6-7 330, I'm 5-11 225, and bringing it don the stairs was enough work for both of us!

Here's the new stove mostly in place minus the brick and door, Chuck looking lonely in the background:

attachment.php

First fire. It took a good half hour to get that thing up to temp where the secondaries kicked in, lotsa cold steel to warm up:

attachment.php

A couple IR temp gun shots, about an hour in at WOT (It got a little cool in here with the back door open for half an hour unloading the SOB). New stove smell is almost gone already.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I sure don't see the coal buildup problem that Spidey and some others mention with the EPA stoves. This is what was left after a 6 hour burn on about a 2/3 full box of wood. I reserve the right to eat my words later if it's a problem, but based on one loading, I think this stove does it's job well:

attachment.php

I'll get a full review up after a week or so of running, but so far I'm more than happy.

Man, by the looks of the wheel well, they use the same salt in WI as they do in NY:angry:

Nice stove...stay warm!

Yup, same crap. In defense of GM though, it took 25 years and 200,000 miles to look like this. Much better than the rusting out on the showroom floor crap from the 70s.

My truck's a POS, and I treat it like one, but if I had the gas money, I wouldn't be afraid to turn the key and point it anywhere. It's still rock solid mechanically, just looks like crap. It's the perfect wood hauler, and this afternoon, it's getting the snowplow put on it for the rest of it's life. My soon to be junked plow truck looks better from the outside, but the frame's ready to break in half behind the cab, 20 years with a salt spreader in the box weren't good to it. At least I have spare parts to put on the wood hauler.

congrats on the new stove and install. looks really good. ill be looking forward to the review as i may still be in the market for one similar or maybe even that same one. gotta hold off a bit tho, just bought and am in the process of installing a new Hotblast in the shop. fleet here in town has all their stoves on clearance and i needed one so now was the time. signed up for a new fleet farm card and got an additional 10% off plus they have a deal goin on for gift cards too. got a free $50 one for spending over $300...WAY over :D Anyway, like i said, lookin great there steve

I just caught on to the FF gift card thing myself. Got $25 the other day when I bought the outside air kit and some other stuff, and a $50 one with the stove. Almost pays for the blower, but the Blaine FF doesn't have em in stock, have to drive down to Hudson I guess.

OAK is not installed yet, I'll get to that someday soon, along with adding the blower and thermodisc for it. I do see why people mention the blower being loud, it mounts to the only unsupported, flimsy piece of sheet metal on the whole stove. I plan to remedy that. Pics when it happens.

A neighbor gave me a new recipe for deer burgers. When you grind the meat, grind in a pack of the cheapest bacon you can find. Tried some and boy was it GOOD. One of the best burgers I ever had.

I nave to ask, what is the ratio between the venison and bacon or how many pounds of venison to a pound of bacon?

That is the model I want to get for our house for the downstairs to heat the whole house. Looks great! Congrats!!

It's IN! Me and a buddy that also works nights got-er-dun last night. He's 6-7 330, I'm 5-11 225, and bringing it don the stairs was enough work for both of us!

Here's the new stove mostly in place minus the brick and door, Chuck looking lonely in the background:

attachment.php

First fire. It took a good half hour to get that thing up to temp where the secondaries kicked in, lotsa cold steel to warm up:

attachment.php

A couple IR temp gun shots, about an hour in at WOT (It got a little cool in here with the back door open for half an hour unloading the SOB). New stove smell is almost gone already.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I sure don't see the coal buildup problem that Spidey and some others mention with the EPA stoves. This is what was left after a 6 hour burn on about a 2/3 full box of wood. I reserve the right to eat my words later if it's a problem, but based on one loading, I think this stove does it's job well:

attachment.php

I'll get a full review up after a week or so of running, but so far I'm more than happy.

Looking good Steve. I hope it works out well, I sure do like our freestanding stove and the fact that it is quite efficient. I love to sit and watch those flames, too. It warms you from the heat and appearance!

Ron

Nice! :cheers: But you gotta sit in the basement to see the fire :msp_confused: :D

Heck, I've got beer, AS, my saw workshop, satellite radio and TV, what else do I need?

This will be the test. My "ready rack" holds about .11 cord of 16", a full rack of 22" for the old stove, .15. The old Woodchuck would eat through that in 2 1/2 days, if I get the same out of the shorter wood, I'll be saving 35% or so on wood. I put the first load off the full rack in at 6:30 this morning, I'll let ya know when it's gone.

attachment.php

Heck, I've got beer, AS, my saw workshop, satellite radio and TV, what else do I need?

This will be the test. My "ready rack" holds about .11 cord of 16", a full rack of 22" for the old stove, .15. The old Woodchuck would eat through that in 2 1/2 days, if I get the same out of the shorter wood, I'll be saving 35% or so on wood. I put the first load off the full rack in at 6:30 this morning, I'll let ya know when it's gone.

attachment.php

That wood looks kind of dirty...If you'd like I can take it off your hands for a small fee! Dirty wood makes for dirty ashes. And I KNOW you don't want those darn dirty ashes in your NEW stove, now do ya? :laugh:

Looks good Steve, although your thoroughbred frizbee hound looks a bit skeptical lol. Hows the heat output and wood consumption thus far?

Looks good Steve, although your thoroughbred frizbee hound looks a bit skeptical lol. Hows the heat output and wood consumption thus far?

Both have been good so far, later this week will be a better test when it gets cold again. It's been near 30 since I put it in Friday night. I haven't had the stove above low much at all yet. Filled it at 1PM yesterday and came home to a nice bed of coals at 230AM. That was nice after a long day at work and a skating rink drive home.

Ruby has "warmed up" to the new stove quite well. She never hung out by the old stove for some reason, but she likes the new one:

(Yeah, I need to sweep up around the wood rack!)

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back