The Traveling Leveraxe/Leveraxe 2 Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I am still kind of in shock at how well it worked yesterday. I've split a decent anount of different types of wood with it and the results yesterday were quite impressive.

Hi all,

@Finland has generously agreed to donate one of his Leveraxe Model 2 splitting axes to the Arboristsite community for us to use and pass along to other users for review. For those not familiar with the Leveraxe 2 it is a stainless steel and improved version of the original model.

For a recap of the original thread the demo axe went through several users before one member stopped communicating and had to be approached by another member and law enforcement to relinquish the tool. It then moved along again until a newbie member got it and disappeared with it.

For the record, I never disappeared with it and my contact information on this site has always been accurate. I had posted on the original Leveraxe thread that I was ready to send it onward and it wasn't lost. I then sent Heikki (Finland) messages as to where to send the Leveraxe next and he told me "Lets see for a while. Maybe there will be somebody who wants to try it.". Therfore, I never sent it to anyone as I was never provided any direction as to whom to ship it to.

I still have it and someone from this site contacted me today via email to ask me to send it to them. I am happy to send it to whomever, but I want it to be transparent as to whom I am sending it to and that Heikki (Finland) agrees as I believe he is technically the owner of it.

Rich

For the record, I never disappeared with it and my contact information on this site has always been accurate. I had posted on the original Leveraxe thread that I was ready to send it onward and it wasn't lost. I then sent Heikki (Finland) messages as to where to send the Leveraxe next and he told me "Lets see for a while. Maybe there will be somebody who wants to try it.". Therfore, I never sent it to anyone as I was never provided any direction as to whom to ship it to.

I still have it and someone from this site contacted me today via email to ask me to send it to them. I am happy to send it to whomever, but I want it to be transparent as to whom I am sending it to and that Heikki (Finland) agrees as I believe he is technically the owner of it.

Rich
Rich,

Your security settings prevented anyone from contacting you through PM's and you never reposted to the site so this was all but lost until I researched the thread and sent you an email earlier today. I have sent an email to @Finland asking for his OK for you to send it on to me. This should work out to his advantage as future users can sample both models.

Steve

I still have it and someone from this site contacted me today via email to ask me to send it to them.

First off: thanks for clearing that up!

Second: any more comments on the tool now that you have had it for a while? Have you been using it?

Third: I would like to see the 2 versions travel together in a pair for comparisons!

I don't have any wood to split right now, so I am not asking for it.

Philbert

(cross-posted with svk, above).

Rich,

Your security settings prevented anyone from contacting you through PM's and you never reposted to the site so this was all but lost until I researched the thread and sent you an email earlier today. I have sent an email to @Finland asking for his OK for you to send it on to me. This should work out to his advantage as future users can sample both models.

Steve

Steve,

Not sure I agree with your "security settings" comment, I just checked my Arboristsite settings and I had every box checked (receive site mailings, accept conversations from "members" and receive email when a new conversation message is received and furthermore, my email was correct as you discovered. I never received any emails or messages from anyone inquiring about the Leveraxe with the exception of my messages with Heikki.

Rich

First off: thanks for clearing that up!

Second: any more comments on the tool now that you have had it for a while? Have you been using it?

I have not been using it. By the time I received it, I had split the wood that I wanted to test with the Leveraxe. It will be sent to the next person exactly as I received it (box and all).

Rich

Steve,

Not sure I agree with your "security settings" comment, I just checked my Arboristsite settings and I had every box checked (receive site mailings, accept conversations from "members" and receive email when a new conversation message is received and furthermore, my email was correct as you discovered. I never received any emails or messages from anyone inquiring about the Leveraxe with the exception of my messages with Heikki.

Rich
Until you re-logged in today your profile page was not able to be viewed. I've tried several times since this discussion rekindled last fall with the new LA coming to us. It just comes up blank like someone with high security settings or members who have been banned. Regardless that's no longer of issue as we know you have the LA safe and sound.

Until you re-logged in today your profile page was not able to be viewed. I've tried several times since this discussion rekindled last fall with the new LA coming to us. It just comes up blank like someone with high security settings or members who have been banned. Regardless that's no longer of issue as we know you have the LA safe and sound.

Perhaps it was due to a forum software upgrade that has occurred since I had previously logged in as it didn't have anything to do with settings I had enacted. Regardless, I didn't want anyone to think I had disappeared with the Leveraxe, I am happy to move it forward.

As a lot of people have also mentioned, I am more interested in the original, forged Leveraxe than the stamped one. I don't have any wood to split now, but hope to be able to try it at GTG somewhere.

Thanks for clearing this up Rich and Steve!

Philbert

Quick update: Heikki has given RDA1 the go ahead to send the original Leveraxe to me. I'll run them head to head and will be ready to pass them on. Please speak up if you'd like to give them a try.

That's a hike for me to go alone. Maybe if someone else from the MN contingency is heading down we could ride share. I'll make sure both Leveraxes will be there.
Usually several folks from Minnesota head down there, just to keep an eye on those guys . . . . I attended last year, but not sure what my schedule is like this year.

Philbert

Usually several folks from Minnesota head down there, just to keep an eye on those guys . . . . I attended last year, but not sure what my schedule is like this year.

Philbert
Will do. Theres a MN GTG on 4/11 and I'll probably try to make that one instead as it's several hours closer to home.

Back