The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or finish falling it like the natives did .
burningtree.jpg

The fire cost over $200,000,000 already. We can't afford a fuse to start a new fire.;)

The faller that took this tree down spent 4 hours figuring out a plan and then sawing. He's 70 years old so his methods work.
That ^^ is what I want to see a video of. I'd be scared of someone farting in the wrong direction around that tree, much less trying to drop it.

Pluck the best 5 trees out of a forty and call that logging. Yep. You're the high grader of the high graders. I've cut more timber in the last year then you did in the ten years you did it. They still waiting in Ontario for you to come back to that ripe thousand acres? Don't touch that timber they say. It's John's timber. Yeah I'll bet. If you were so good John how come you're not doing it anymore? I know plenty of guys in their sixties still buying timber and some even in their seventies.
True enough, but if you were any damn good, you'd be working for yourself. You may have cut 10x the wood as me, but I made 10x the green. You're still young enough to figure it all out you wood tick. You need a good 385 spanking. Just like Bob, you can't come up with any wood, but much prefer to promote your Paul Bunyan complex.
Small set of balls I guess.
Pal, John

Having said that, I just wanted to say, I Love everybody, but as of late was thinking of moving to North Sasquatichwan, just in case there might be some trees up there.

True enough, but if you were any damn good, you'd be working for yourself. You may have cut 10x the wood as me, but I made 10x the green. You're still young enough to figure it all out you wood tick. You need a good 385 spanking. Just like Bob, you can't come up with any wood, but much prefer to promote your Paul Bunyan complex.
Small set of balls I guess.
Pal, John
Took ya long enough. I've been blessed with a fine set John. I had the Ojibwe hollow me out a canoe to use as a cup in little league.

Took ya long enough. I've been blessed with a fine set John. I had the Ojibwe hollow me out a canoe to use as a cup in little league.
Lol, I forgot what we were all whinning about. I see your also endowed with social skills, a rare comodity around here
What wood have you been pauperizing and pillaging with impunity as of late?
BTW, I'm the most highly esteemed woodtick in this northern town of 800! And that's putting it pretty lightly.
What's your claim to fame?
John

The rains started here a little over a week ago. The roads are going to be slippery! It's amazing how a half inch of mud can make life so difficult.
I'll have to read the owners' manual again to figure out how the four wheel drive works. Which switch do I have to turn to make it function? Then there's the rain gear. What is in style this year? Where's my umbrella? Which gluten free cookies taste best when eaten in the truck cab?

Finally cut some timber. 2 solid days of the shakiest, rottenest, carpenter ant breeding crap you have ever seen. Somewhere in the blown down mass I lost three of my four wedges out of my leather pouch-thing. Those stinkin' wedges were worth double what the timber I cut was worth!

Come on out east and check out our crisp, cool weather............a balmy six below this morning on the mountain, and I had to help change a reverser shift cable on the boss's 640 JD skidder. Never done that before, so it was hard to picture where it all was buried in the trash in the belly pan. Had to keep looking at the parts printout and then dig some more before i had a picture of where and how it was hooked up. Took the two of us alternately warming our hands to get it done.
"course if the profane space heater put out a reasonable amount of btu's, and the wind wasn't starting to pick up, it wouldn't have been any kind of a fun way to spend yer Sunday morning. Just another day fer me, but he's pretty much religious, and I asked him if God would forgive him fer not going to mass.
Stay warm, ya'll. I'll spend tomorrow in my shop, and keep feeding the woodstove.
Sad thing is that it was in his shop last week, but the cable froze up when he put it outside, and he broke it trying to get it to move. Ya can't forsee everything, I guess.
But I ain't a bitchin'. Happy New Year, everyone.

Back