The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh come on, its a good story. Full of bald faced hornets, pecker poles, hidden holes, mexican fire crews, lack of communication, crazy ditzy women and pain killers. Oh and I did get released from the local hospital without crutches. :laugh:

No, no no. I am finally starting to feel sleepy. I had an unusual visitor and because of that, the phone and shotgun will be within easy reach tonight. Nope, don't need no scraping bone stories.

I'll save that story for a day Patty is feeling better and less cursed. Demerol is some potent stuff though. Oh I almost forgot! The first the folks I was working with, wrapped part of a hazel bush in the wrapping. Really painful first lift in the stokes. I might have peed a little, but I dont think I did. Might have.

Demerol is some potent stuff though.

That is very true. The rush at first scared me and then did the opposite when they gave me shot of Demerol in the emergency room when I busted my wrist awhile back. Only time I have ever felt that. If it weren't for, you know, the pain and helplessness and all, I could almost see how some folks get into that sort of crap.

Yep, I liked the out of body experience. But reality of the pain and the fact that half of my left shin and foot would flop around like a dying chicken kind of killed it. Fact is I still dont take anything stronger than Motrin any more. Never did like to null the feeling.

I always heard they just cut yer shoes and pants off if you got in a bad accident, and busted up yer legs, well few years ago, I did just that (drunk hit and run...) so everything is going fine I'm mostly calm a little pissed about being left for dead but I'll live... The EMT slices up my pant leg and then starts jerking on the laces of my boot, they had already duct taped my head to the back board.

I sat straight up and took a swing at her, hollering somethink about just cut the $^^$#^@$$@^^$@$^@$^@#$^R%^&&(%&*(% laces you *&(^%*%^&@$%^ ignorant ^*$^&&*#%@$@ %%0re

They told the ER people that I was combative, gee I wonder why...

I know the Rasmussen's good people, I might even know the Snyder lady... sounds familiar. I'd like to see some pictures or at least some road names/numbers that they say are sliding off the mountains... for the life of me cant think of any that are in danger of collapse, at least not in the Darrington Granite Falls area, a few that could use some grading, and a couple of culverts that could be cleaned out...

I know the Rasmussen's good people, I might even know the Snyder lady... sounds familiar. I'd like to see some pictures or at least some road names/numbers that they say are sliding off the mountains... for the life of me cant think of any that are in danger of collapse, at least not in the Darrington Granite Falls area, a few that could use some grading, and a couple of culverts that could be cleaned out...

Yup. I contacted her about how they got started. We could use a group like that here, but I have no idea how to start one up. I'm waiting for a friend to retire in a couple of years, she and her husband know more people.

The group up your way does all the work using hand tools. No graders. The clean out ditches with shovels.
That's dedication.

I always heard they just cut yer shoes and pants off if you got in a bad accident, and busted up yer legs, well few years ago, I did just that (drunk hit and run...) so everything is going fine I'm mostly calm a little pissed about being left for dead but I'll live... The EMT slices up my pant leg and then starts jerking on the laces of my boot, they had already duct taped my head to the back board.

I sat straight up and took a swing at her, hollering somethink about just cut the $^^$#^@$$@^^$@$^@$^@#$^R%^&&(%&*(% laces you *&(^%*%^&@$%^ ignorant ^*$^&&*#%@$@ %%0re

They told the ER people that I was combative, gee I wonder why...

I know how that goes. I almost lost a damn good pair of Wesco's when I busted my leg. Thank god it was only the laces. Did lose a brand new pair of nomex though.

Today was a rather wet day. My Filson hat was a bit wet after The Used Dog and I returned from a long walk.

So, I rummaged around and actually found the wax stuff that is for tin pants. I smeared that on my hat.
My hands were sticky (this is the whining part) but it did make it easier to turn the pages of the book I'm reading.

Now, the household hint.

I finally got out my can of at least 10 year old butter flavored crisco, smeared that on my hands, then rinsed twice with Dawn, and my hands were back to normal. Funny, all I use the crisco for is to season my cast iron and remove pitch and now it has another use.

Latest posts

Back