Thinking of a 90cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just took pics because you guys, didn't know if they are anything special
or hard to come by.

TT

If it were 250 I'd grab it in a heartbeat, $300 I'd look in my wallet then forgo something else to have it. $400, if it was the saw I wanted ('bout the Ebay average inc. shipping). I already have one so I don't know what wanting one feels like. A feller just sold a very nice 390 here for $400, but those deals are rare and don't really figure into the market, imo. Then some folks are just around the deals and cast offs more than Joe Consumer, and that screws expectations a bit.

I paid $ 500 for the 390 I have now. I don't think half of new is a bad price for a used saw. 660s seem to bring 75% of new price.

Long story short, at dealer today I give $35 for 066 red light and 064.
Both look to have set for years, 066 will sure need piston as it is worn
and 130lbs of comp, 064 has 145lbs. No bars one is missing clutch cover
064 top cover is cracked. Both have the stinking rev limit coils.
Am sure they will need few other things.

TT

TT

Congrats on a great deal! If you tune them in the wood those rev-limiters aren't a deal breaker. You did well. Rep on the way.

Congrats on a great deal! If you tune them in the wood those rev-limiters aren't a deal breaker. You did well. Rep on the way.

Thanks,

I have 064 with one and it's ok it don't limit untill about 13,500.
I just wanted to know one day and leaned saw to find out
just long enough to get a good reading on tach
But these old coils are known to deteriorate over time and go bad.

oscar4883, am out of bullets for you :(

TT

That reminds me of my 2094 the way it cuts. A whole lot a speed and torque. that 930 is a brute.:rockn:

2094/95 is based on that saw :D

Oh I don't know what you pay over there Jay. Just that 066/660's and 394/5's are being mentioned.

Steal one!

I'm tryin man!! :cheers:

TT

WOW!!! :clap:

put me 1st in line when you wanna sell one :D:D

i paid dirt cheap for my 390xp, mainly sat and gathered dust till i bought it. for $300 i couldnt go wrong lol

That;s AWESOME!!!!

J

I need to find a deal like that on a 660. I had one and sold it without putting a whole lot of time with it against the other 390 I had. I want to run a other against what i've got now.

TT

The 2 old girls,

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ended up working today so no looking for me. It would be easy to drop more cash and get a new to near new saw, but going to wait. Not the best time of year to look anyway. I could put the 372xp top on my 365, but see no reason to tear apart a great running saw. As far as the 6401 with the big bore kit, just not what I am looking for. Think I will just keep my eyes open for the 394/395xp (first choice) 066/MS-660 (second choice) the rest kind of a third choice. When the time is right the saw will be there.
Thanks to everyone for the ideas and keep them coming. I would look into working with another member for a saw, just nervous about dealing with a saw sight unseen.
Thanks again....

Stephie

I was going to recommend the Jred 920 myself. I bought my first one about 3 years ago on ebay for 160 bucks. I runs just fine and it will cut through anything. It wears a 24 inch bar. I got another one from an AS member for 200 bucks, and it is also a great saw. The second one wears a 30 inch bar and is my main "big stuff" saw, at least until I have to get out the SP 125. I love both 920's and highly recommend them. JR

I'd have not trouble looking at a J-Red or other brands, I just have not seen any around here, not that I spend much time at the dealers (or even know other's that are into logging.

speed in the cut is over rated for most applications.

Rep coming.

Just gotta give a shout out to a comment that is smack on. It's a point that gets made fairly often on this forum but is largely ignored when it's made.

Not a surprise. We're saw hos, after all, and if you give me a second's difference in the cut of a 30-inch-diamter log, I'll make a minute out of it. :biggrinbounce2:

Yes I do. One nice thing is he is in Nebraska, so a chance to see it in person. From what people have said, it should be more then enough for us. Not a done deal though, still looking. I have an Aunt out by Seatle Washington so just may have to pay them a visit next year. Looks like plenty of options out that way and they have some type of older saw that I can have just for picking it up.
90cc is still first choice.

Back