This guy is making things hard on himself.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When that 8' chunk was hung on his saw, I thought he was going to get hurt. Then he had trouble lowering it, and I was screaming "you've got way too many wraps"!

What kind of hitch is used to attach the lowering device?

I am surprised I didn't see this before. I do stuff like this all the time but on a smaller scale. I would do it on a larger scale but there is so much extra work and thinking involved its easier to bring in a good guy to run the ropes and pull you up.

That is way to much up and down a big fat stick for me though I have done just what this guy does. I love jobs like that. I can do a good amount of storm work by myself to. I'd love to have a remote control for my mini loader so I could pull with it while I cut.

I would set up a zip line by myself with it, just take a ton of straps and be able to tension and un-tension the rope would be a dream.

I stopped watching after the first cut. You can't do that, that's no good. There is a point where it becomes to dangerous to work alone and that guy has demonstrated it perfectly. I thought we were going to see something special, not an sad old man playing roulette.

I guess I take it back, he was ready to catch the saw but still seems like a vulgar way to do business. He does know how to use some gear.

I love how his face is one side of the picture constantly.

A few more ropes would save him some trips to the bottom and back.

Screw that!
I would never rig alone like that. He's skilled but that's just not a good idea. With jobs like that you can more than afford to hire a full time ground guy. Even if he's totally new with no previous experience. That's how all my guys were and they're almost as good as I am now, it's all about the right training. Hell im even teaching one to climb lol.

Back