This is a bit pricey, but....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teacherman

Aging out of the insanity...
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks to me that it solves many of hte issues arising when milling. By the time one gets an Alaskan all set up with oilers and slides, would it be better than this? Has anyone used one of these?

Thanks! I have several trees to cut down, and this might make it worth my while!

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200325617_200325617

I called Norwood to see if I could buy the throttle trigger mechanism so that I can run a remote throttle on my Panther. They wouldnt even talk to me without a serial number from the Norwood mill. It's strange that they are not in the business of selling parts unless you are a owner of their mill... Maybe it's not an issue but don't think would consider them for a future purchase...

I called Norwood to see if I could buy the throttle trigger mechanism so that I can run a remote throttle on my Panther. They wouldnt even talk to me without a serial number from the Norwood mill. It's strange that they are not in the business of selling parts unless you are a owner of their mill... Maybe it's not an issue but don't think would consider them for a future purchase...

I hear you on that.

As far as I know Logosol is still selling M5 mills but I'm dissapionted with current USA, parts/contacts, they still sell M5 overseas. Baileys is one but see if they have M5 parts? Baileys do you hear me?

I have not broke anything but will need to replace soon. I brought mine M5 after meeting with "Rob" at a state fair demo show in Vt. Rob was a good man and for some reason Logosol parted with an excellent sales/spokes person. What I am most pissed about is the Logosol monopoly on stihl 63 PMX ripping chain, that is about 100% overpriced.

I used this exact set up originally when I first started milling, thinking I would mill at the felling site. It isn't that easy really, and after spending more on this setup than my Sawyer bs mill I haven't used it in almost a year mainly because I was having to haul fuel , oil, tools etc all out to the site to keep this setup running and it became exhausting for the little return I was getting out of the cut wood. Just my opinion from an actual user.

I hear you on that.

As far as I know Logosol is still selling M5 mills but I'm dissapionted with current USA, parts/contacts, they still sell M5 overseas. Baileys is one but see if they have M5 parts? Baileys do you hear me?

I have not broke anything but will need to replace soon. I brought mine M5 after meeting with "Rob" at a state fair demo show in Vt. Rob was a good man and for some reason Logosol parted with an excellent sales/spokes person. What I am most pissed about is the Logosol monopoly on stihl 63 PMX ripping chain, that is about 100% overpriced.

Hi Mad Professor,

The M5 has been replaced by the M8 and Farmers M8 however you can still get replacement parts for the old model. Our new 63RP is a low profile 3/8 ripping chain has a full chisel style cutter. Cuts very well and is less than half the price of the 63PMX.

Best Regards.

It looks to me that it solves many of hte issues arising when milling. By the time one gets an Alaskan all set up with oilers and slides, would it be better than this? Has anyone used one of these?

Thanks! I have several trees to cut down, and this might make it worth my while!

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200325617_200325617
It might do for trees that are REAL accessible. One of the reasons I bought my Mark III's is that they are VERY portable and small but still assist me making dimensional lumber.

That "mill" WITHOUT MOTOR, BLADE OR CHAIN is about 1/3 the cost of what I paid for my LT10 WITH ENGINE and blades.

Back